October 19, 2020
DAYS - RN Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
About The Opportunity
- The ICU Stepdown PCU RN manages the nursing care to patients admitted to the hospital in an observation status in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient\'s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Bachelor’s Degree Required - Will consider ADN if enrolled in BSN and must have within 36 months of hire (3yrs) Licensure/Certificaion
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
- Current American Heart Association ACLS
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a RN in a high acuity PCU or critical care unit, step down or intermediate care - Acute care experience
- This is a higher acuity 1:3 continuous cardiac monitoring advanced procedure heart failure monitoring - high turn unit - must be familiar with Post Cardiovascular – Take Art Lines and Drip Titration what type of IV medications used in infusions - amidicone, primocore, milrinone, dobutrecks, dopamine
- They expect the candidates to be able to talk about PCU during interview. - RN\'s need to know tele Additional Information:
- 3:1 Ratio
- Will need true PCU, Stepdown or intermedicate care expeirence
- NO TELE or OBSERVATION UNIT
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.