Durham, North Carolina
October 20, 2020
IT Manager - Catalyst Data Team
About The Opportunity
NC is seeking an IT Manager for the Catalyst Data Team. The IT Manager is accountable for the development, direction, performance, and evolution of the Catalyst Data Team.
- This position is responsible for partnering with key business and IT leadership, project managers and architecture leads for the purpose of supporting the Department’s BI data platform and data infrastructure strategy and ensuring alignment with business goals. The role is also responsible for leading and managing the Catalyst Data Team. The Catalyst Data Team Manager is responsible for:
- Discover, evaluate and qualify new technologies that improve digital data assets and platform
- Partner with leadership to establish and maintain policies and procedures for consideration, evaluation, qualification of new technologies, that includes meeting business, architectural, security, development, operational standards
- Help business leverage technology with clear long-term economic benefits, with effective action plans for end user adoption (including customer/user experience) with minimal business risk
- Advise technology and business leaders on pros and cons of a chosen non-standard digital technology tool/platform/solution and offer potential remedies or alternatives as needed
- Develop and deploy Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to assess technological leverage, and their impact on business
- Progress and manage relationships with division/partner/vendor technology and business leaders as well as analysts, to be a digital data evangelist on technology trends
- This position provides direction in cloud data architecture domains in support of current COVID19 activities, current business needs as well as future IT operations.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- Knowledge of technological trends, strategy and road maps and, as well as knowledge and hands-on experience with various data, security, compliance and industry standards
- Deep business solution skills, preferably with relevant certifications with extensive experience in building and deploying various business solutions with high usability, reduced technology debt, best in class user experience, across different consuming platforms – PC, Mobile, and tablets
- Proven track record of cloud, mobile, artificial intelligence, automation, analytics, DevOps, Agile, enterprise data/application/service integration technologies and ability to conduct technological analyses, evaluation and research, as well as design Proof of concepts (POCs) to prove or disprove hypothesis
- Able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high-performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and team work while participating in resource planning processes based on defined organizational plans
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks PCI, SOX, SOC 2, ISO 27001 and the ability to apply their requirements and concepts to a complex environment
- Strong interpersonal communication and diplomacy skills, as well as a passion for leading
- Strong technical experience, knowledge, and understanding of micro-services architecture
- Recent 2 years\' experience leading emerging technologies in high growth environments
- Experienced technologist solid understanding of agile and lean methodologies, and the development of cloud applications
- Experience managing and leading teams Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor\'s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or other related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution and 4 years of progressive emerging data technologies experience with 2 years of emerging technology leadership experience; or bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and eight years progressive experience in the field of information technology; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Results-oriented candidate with a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent program management, negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.