October 20, 2020
System Analyst- Level 3 (Cloud ETL Engineer)
About The Opportunity
- The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one (1) Cloud ETL Engineer hereafter referred to as Worker, who meets the general qualification of Systems Analyst Level 3, and the specifications outlined in this document for Texas Health and Human Services.
- As the State of Texas rushes to address the many impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become critical to rely on the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) to provide reliable, up to the minute data regarding the current state of infection in the state. As DSHS works to provide this critical data to inform decision makers, health care administrators and citizens, the agency is experiencing serious limitations in the ability to efficiently and reliably provide the data due to a legacy of disparate systems and data that currently resides in numerous locations and databases across the agency. Sharing this vital data across all of these systems is inherently difficult, time-consuming, and requires resource intensive manual and inefficient processes. These cumbersome manual processes have a severe impact on Texas’ ability to respond effectively to the COVID-19 pandemic and prevent the loss of life.
- The Infectious Disease Data Integration (IDDI) project is intended to improve the efficiency of current processes. An integrated approach to data services will aid in providing the most current data to inform decision makers about the health and readiness statuses of jurisdictions across the state.
- The Infectious Disease Data Integration project aims to create a data analytics platform plus data governance with Informatica Axon. The IDDI platform will facilitate the sharing, reporting, and analytics of the data collected from the COVID-19 contact tracing in the Texas Health Trace (THT) system, the COVID-19 case management data contained in the National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NEDSS), and COVID-19 immunization tracking in the ImmTrac system.
- All work products resulting from the project shall be considered “works made for hire” and are the property of the HHSC. HHSC may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. HHSC will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
- HHSC IT is currently implementing an Analytics Platform with Informatica PowerCenter, Snowflake and AWS technologies as well as Informatica Axon Data Governance with a goal to accomplish improved COVID-19 reporting.
- Responsible for development using Informatica Data Governance (Axon), EDC, Data Quality, and PowerCenter
- Assist DSHS program area use of the IDDI Platform to its fullest potential
- Resolve any data source ingestion issues
- Provide administration support for Informatica EDC, Axon, Power Center, and Data Quality which includes installation, configuration, upgrades and business continuity support
- Operationalize ingestion of new data sources as needed Other work includes, but is not limited to:
- Validation of performance metric requirements
- Creation of EPICS/User Stories
- Creation and validation of dashboard and report mock-ups
- Automation of data acquisition from a variety of data sources
- Dashboard and report development
- Testing – integration, load and stress, and user
- Deployment / publication internally and externally
- Operations support and enhancement of the IDDI platform
- All other duties as assigned
- WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS (Required)
- Minimum (Required): insert specific minimum skills for this Contract Position) Years Skills/Experience
- Hands on Informatica Data Governance (Axon), EDC, Data Quality, and PowerCenter experience.
- Working knowledge of AWS networking, infrastructure, storage, and database services.
- Provide administration support for Informatica EDC, Axon, Power Center, and Data Quality which includes installation, configuration, upgrades and business continuity support.
- Hands on experience configuring EDC and Axon, including but not limited to business glossaries, dashboards, policies, search, and process maps.
- Experience creating scripts to automate Informatica administration tasks, schedules, and deployment activities.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux administration and troubleshooting activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effectively manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize conflicting assignments, and switch quickly between assignments, as required.
- Degree Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business or equivalent experience.
- Preferred (Optional): insert specific preferred skills for this Contract Position) Years Skills/Experience
- Relevant AWS Certification
- Prior experience in the Healthcare Industry
- Prior experience with an HHS agency
- TERM OF SERVICE (Required): insert Work Order term and number of estimated hours for this Contract Position)
- Initial term assumes an approximate start date of November 9, 2020 through August 31, 2021. Total estimated worker hours for the initial FY21 term shall not exceed 1785 hours. This service may be amended, renewed, terminated and/or extended providing both parties agree to do so in writing
- WORK HOURS AND LOCATION (Required): insert preferred work hours and work location for this Contract Position)
- Flexible hours as needed to accomplish objectives.
- Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., excluding State holidays when the agency is closed.
- The primary work location will be the Winters Complex, 701 W. 51st Street, Austin, Tx. 78751. Any and all travel, per diem, parking, and/or living expenses shall be at the worker’s and/or Vendor’s expense.
- The worker may be required to work outside the normal business hours on weekends, evenings and holidays, as requested. Payment for work over 40 hours will be at the hourly rate quoted and must be coordinated and pre-approved through HHSC.
- Other Special Requirements (Optional): Because of the nature of the information in the system that will be implemented, all entities must sign a Data Use Agreement (DUA) as a condition of employment.
- In submitting a resume for this solicitation, the vendor attests to their compliance with E-verify for the submitted candidate. E-verify requirements are outlined in Appendix A, Section P. Immigration, of the Standard Terms and Conditions for Information Technology Staff Augmentation Contract.
- This position will initially work offsite, Once HHS staff are allowed to return to the office this position will also be required to report the primary work location referenced above.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.