October 21, 2020
Project/Program Manager IV
About The Opportunity
- The Office of Information Services (OIS) is a shared service provider for the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and Department of Human Services (DHS). OIS provides the technology systems and services that support more than 11,000 OHA and DHS agency staff at local offices and facilities around the state. These systems and services help the two agencies determine client service program eligibility; provide medical, housing, food and job assistance; provide addiction, mental health, vocational and rehabilitative services; protect children, seniors and people with physical and/or developmental disabilities; process claims and benefits; manage provider licensing and state hospital facilities; and promote and protect the state public health.
- OIS seeks a Project Manager IV to provide expert support in Microsoft Project and Office 365 for the IE Project.
- The Integrated Eligibility (IE) Project and associated subprojects (Legacy, Disaster Recovery, Data Conversion) are large bodies of work and are collectively Oregon’s largest active IT project. These projects utilize staff from multiple agencies, as well as multiple contractors. Further, there are overlapping priorities from other DHS and Oregon Health Authority (OHA) projects, and ongoing maintenance and operations work.
- IE is an expansion of Oregon\'s Affordable Care Act Compliant Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) Medicaid eligibility determination system, called OregONEligibility (or ONE) for the Oregon Health Authority (OHA). The IE Project goal is to have a single system where an Oregonian can express information about themselves and members of their household and be determined eligible for multiple health and human service programs — both DHS and OHA programs. At the end of the IE Project, Oregonians will be able to apply online for benefits seven days a week and caseworkers will be able to focus on the care coordination activities for clients rather than on data entry across multiple systems.
- The Project Manager position will specifically focus on developing and refining project planning and scheduling to increase efficiency and accuracy within the Project Management Office. Tasks:
- Manage multiple complex and detailed schedules
- Maintain timelines, milestones and critical paths
- Monitor and control programs to assure timely completion
- Schedule and conduct stage gate review meetings with leadership
- Advise on and escalate key issues that impact the schedule
- Automate PPM lifecycle with workflows, develop reports and establish earned value
- Ensure all resources are allocated to the appropriate tasks
- Produce resource capacity reports (identify all resources that are over-allocated and under-utilized)
- Devise adhoc reports that will be needed for senior management to make informed decisions
- REQUIRED Skills and experience:
- Office 365
- Expert level Microsoft Project skills for very large, complex projects with multiple sub-projects
- Prior state government experience
- Project Management
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work effectively remotely
- Please make sure submitted resumes clearly reflect the REQUIRED skills/experience above.
- Advanced level: Individuals with a mastery of project management skills, qualifications and experience. This individual shall function effectively with very little supervision, while maintaining a high professional standard. They are assigned to extremely complex and/or high risk projects that reflect the highest priorities of state government. These individuals are comfortable working with the highest levels of state government and are able to contribute to the furtherance of the states’ objectives. These individuals have the necessary skills and experience to assist in statewide project portfolio management and/or IT Investment Management.
- Our primary criteria are the qualifications and experience of the proposed key person. Please propose your strongest candidate, at a rate less than or equal to the maximum.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.