Durham, North Carolina
October 22, 2020
Senior Release Lead
About The Opportunity
NC FAST requires a contract resource to provide Leadership to Release team for NC FAST (Families Accessing Services through Technology) Case Management application. .
- The NC Department of Health and Human Services seeks a contractor resource for the NC FAST (Families Accessing Services through Technology). This position will serve as the Senior Release Lead responsible for provide hands-on technical leadership to the release team for the entire release management lifecycle across the enterprise for multiple applications as well as recommend release process improvements alternatives. Release tasks may be inclusive of application and platform updates for the development, test, and production environments.
- This position will work collaboratively with software developers and testers as they set up their builds for dev/test/prod environments, assist in preparing release details, maintaining the release schedule for all core services and ensures alignment across all stakeholders. This position will be responsible for performing tasks associated with the build and deploy processes for the NCFAST application by preparing and executing build scripts and troubleshooting build related issues for the program utilizing Curam software tools and procedures as well as other tools and utilities.
- The position will work with IT management in tracking and monitoring the progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and provide leadership to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuous build, deploy of application changes. This position will interact with the architects, developers, Operations and Maintenance Team and Database Administrators to ensure proper environment functionality and performance.
- Thorough knowledge/experience with SDLC processes (Agile – Scrum, Kanban) Required 5 Years
- Hands on experience with CI/CD (DevOps) Required 5 Years
- Experience in configuring and administering Source Code Management tools like SVN and Bitbucket Required 5 Years
- Understanding and experience with branching, merging & tagging processes. Required 5 Years
- Knowledge and experience in J2EE-specific application hosting, application tracing/debugging, and application deployment. Required 5 Years
- Knowledge and experience with J2EE application building/deployment techniques and tools including, but not limited to Ant, Maven, Ivy etc. Required 5 Years
- Experience with large application release and deployment planning and strategy. Required 5 Years
- Strong troubleshooting experience and skills with Java development, build processes, application stack traces. Required 5 Years
- Experience with tools for logging (SPLUNK), effort management (Jira), and code build agents (TeamCity/Jenkins). Required 5 Years
- Strong Oracle SQL skills Required 5 Years
- Application Workspace setup using IBM Eclipse IDE Required 5 Years
- Knowledge with continuous integration / continuous delivery (DevOps) Required 3 Years
- Experience in Configuration Management as per industry standards and best practices. Required 5 Years
- Good communication and presentation skills to various levels of peers and management Required
- Knowledge of IBM Curam a plus Highly desired 3 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.