October 28, 2020
About The Opportunity
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the environmental, health, safety and security compliance of The Scotts Company to all local, state, and federal environmental regulations and corporate guidelines and procedures.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly documentation compliance with all EPA and OSHA for regulations as well as Corporate requirements
- Maintain Job Hazard Analysis database and ensure required PPE is available
- Maintain Incident, Injury, Near Miss, and Safe Behavior Auditing documentation and follow-up on resulting action items.
- Coordinate RCRA Compliance Activities
- Maintain RCRA Waste Shipment Documentation
- Monitoring Waste Areas for compliance and completing weekly documented inspections.
- Requires Annual RCRA Training o Requires SPCC and SWPPP Training
- Providing guidance and direction for emergency response activities for the facility.
- Coordinate EHS&S training sessions and compile training records in order to document regulatory and corporate requirements are met
- Recording of portions of the monitoring, sampling, and disposal data into recordkeeping software for distribution internally
- Other duties as assigned.
- Team lead on the WCO safety committee. Preferred Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including second shift, overtime and weekends if necessary.
- Education: High School or G.E.D required. Experience:
- Experience in Health & Safety experience demonstrating increased responsibility in a manufacturing, agricultural or related environment highly desired.
- Proven experience in leading change and implementing new ideas and concepts.
- Track record of driving results through fact-based analysis and business process implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships and to gain cross-functional alignment for execution.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and SAP Knowledge:
- Knowledge in EPA, OSHA, State Work Comp Laws/Processes, Waste Water.
- Working knowledge of applicable Health and Safety regulations and standards.
- Working knowledge of metrics, both lagging and leading.
- Knowledge of facilities and operational procedures.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Able to walk or stand for 8 hours/day
- Other duties as needed Required Skills
- safety coordinator - EHS Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.