Lee\'s Summit, Missouri
October 29, 2020
CHARGE Cath Lab RN
About The Opportunity
Schedule: : Monday – Friday (7a-3:30p). (No weekends)
- Cath Lab nurses are experts at providing compassionate care and preparing patients undergoing various cardiac procedures such as catheterization and angioplasty. They have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm under pressure. Responsibilities:
- Under the general direction of the Director, Manager or Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care.
- Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care is in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice and the generic and unit structure standards
- About this unit:
- Procedures include Left Heart Caths, pace makers, right heart caths, monitor recorder implants, impella, Specializations to heart and more.
- Level II Stemi Center, Primary Chest Pain Center Designation
- Procedural areas(IR and Vascular)
- Smaller facility gives you an opportunity to see all procedures including IR, and grow your knowledge around a variety of devices Licensure/ Certification/Registration:
- Must have a current MO RN license upon hire or a current multistate RN license. If only a multistate RN license is provided upon hire, a MO RN license will be required within 90 days of employment.
- BLS required upon hire
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of employment. Education:
- BSN Preferred Experience:
- Minimum of one year Cath Lab experience required 2-3 years preferred
- Charge experience – no required
- On Call Required and must have the ability to report to LSMC within 30 minutes of call back. Special Notes:
- 4-5 cases per day
- 80 beds – 300 physician – 500+ staff
- 2 procedural areas IR and Vascular
- Type of culture (management style) of director or on the floor: Procedural area with associated expectations. Expect professionalism and a respectful culture. On time starts and fast turnovers are a priority
- Skills from other units that they feel will prepare the candidate for their unit: ICU and/or ER experience is helpful.
- What has and hasn’t worked with personality/skill types: This is a smaller community hospital that has pros and cons. If someone is looking for cutting edge technology, this is not necessarily the place. If you are looking for a laidback culture, with flexibility with days off this is a good match. Smaller facility gives you an opportunity to see all procedures including IR, and grow your knowledge around a variety of devices
- Top 3 objectives: Maintain safety and quality of procedure area. On time starts, fast turn overs, maximum efficiency. Professional growth of staff.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.