Raleigh, North Carolina
October 30, 2020
Reopen - Senior Project Manager
About The Opportunity
The NC is seeking a short term senior project manager to lead the implementation the NC Early Childhood Integrated Data System projects.
- This position provides vision, direction, management and oversight of the NC Early Childhood Integrated Data System (NC ECIDS) and NC ECIDS projects. NC ECIDS is the sole source of integrated data across multiple early childhood programs in North Carolina, with the goal to improve outcomes for children by linking and using existing administrative data to support program and policy decisions. The NC ECIDS Project Manager’s primary job responsibilities include the following:
- Manage and oversee NC ECIDS projects funded by the PDG, including:
- Modernizing the NC ECIDS reporting and request platforms
- Expanding work to integrate home visiting data into NC ECIDS
- Expanding work to integrate Head Start data into NC ECIDS
- Expanding work to integrate Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) data into NC ECIDS
- Manage budgets and timelines and prepare progress reports to fulfill responsibilities of PDG implementation. Provide regular updates to PDG team on progress of NC ECIDS work.
- Work with the Department of Information Technology staff, state agency personnel, and external data vendors to identify requirements to extract, transform, load, and integrate data from new programs into NC ECIDS
- Manage process of extracting, transforming, loading, and integrating data from existing and new programs into NC ECIDS
- Manage process to create and execute data sharing and other agreements as necessary with other DHHS divisions, state/local agencies, and external data vendors for integration of data into NC ECIDS or for other projects involving NC ECIDS data
- Coordinate work of Information Technology Division team members supporting technical maintenance and development work on NC ECIDS
- Work with the Department of Information Technology and other state agency staff on any updates to the NC ECIDS website and backend website infrastructure
- Manage the process of receiving, reviewing, and responding in a timely manner to complex internal and external data requests. Responding to requests includes coordinating with data managers across multiple DHHS divisions and state agencies.
- Manage the assignment of unique identifiers (UIDs) to data records and take the lead on resolving near matches in the UID assignment process, in coordination with staff from the Department of Information Technology, Department of Health and Human Services, and Department of Public Instruction
- Generate standard and customizable reports and advise on the creation of new reports based on identified needs
- Update NC ECIDS policies, procedures, and user manuals
- Coordinate and convene meetings with the NC ECIDS Governance Council members and other key stakeholders as needed
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Competencies:
- Experience in data analysis, data management, and social and policy related research
- Experience in data visualization a plus
- Experience implementing practices to ensure privacy of sensitive data
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively with others at all levels and to support effective communication within and outside of the agency
- Ability to plan, manage, and coordinate a statewide program
- Ability to identify problems, identify constraints and facilitators, and solve problems appropriately when they arise Management prefers applicants with the following:
- Master’s degree in a field related to the position
- Experience managing or supervising data projects
- Experience collaborating with state, federal, and local government officials, planners, community leaders, and representatives of private concerns
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.