November 2, 2020
Line Operator Forklift Operator
About The Opportunity
Responsible for the operation of a forklift or other heavy equipment to safely move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise around the facility
- Performs a safety check of the forklift to ensure it is safe to operate. Checks fluid levels
- For oil, water and fuel before operating the lift
- Ensures the packaging lines have empty pallets available and informs the supervisor of the pallet inventory
- Removes palletized bags from the production lines and places them on the stretch-wrapper
- Operates the stretch-wrapper and changes the stretch film as required
- Places palletized bags in inventory and ensuring they are located in the proper rows storing them neatly without damaging other inventory
- Actively participates in plant cleanliness by restacking, picking-up trash and debris, and washing their equipment
- Reads the BOLs and places the correct quantity and SKU on the carriers trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Any changes to the BOLs must be communicated to the Dispatcher and or office personnel
- Performs physical inventory counts of finished goods as required
- Meets quality and quantity standards
- Responsible for the safe operation of the forklift and maintaining fluid levels
- Ability to drive a forklift
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to climb on and off of required equipment
- Ability to sit for long periods
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability to read and write English and/or be able to follow instructions.
- Ability to work in a dusty environment, hot/cold/rainy weather.
- Willingness to work mandatory overtime, including weekends and holidays. Required Skills
- Forklift Operator Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.