San Jose, California
November 3, 2020
About The Opportunity
Note: Work Order will be awarded on an individual basis, based on the specific needs described herein.
- Senior Software Engineer (Mainframe): Under general supervision, to design, code, test, implement and support application software, and to write new programs and/or support upgrades, maintenance or issue resolution to existing programs. Must be a self-starter able to work independently. Troubleshoots existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies, and identifies alternative and/or innovative solutions to technical problems
- Uses a disciplined development process that is: Structured, has High cohesion, low coupling, uses Normalization, has Conformance to naming standards, and places every work product under configuration-management control. Individual complies with System Change Notice (SCN) procedures (managed releases) Tasks:
- Develop, test Code in the mainframe to consume interface messages and enforce business rules as the data is persisted in the Mainframe application.
- Analyze existing interface programs to understand the existing business rules and understand the data coming in to enhance existing programs.
- Stand up and test SOAP Web services in the Mainframe to provide integration points for other systems, primarily being invoked from a Software AG Enterprise service bus.
- Document the transaction flow in a manner that others can read and understand how the data is processed and what key factors are involved with keeping integrity in each transaction.
- Contract Term: 4-6 months
- Schedule: Full-Time – On-site All work hours will be at billed at the same base rate regardless of the number of hours worked per billing period.
- Training and Experience: Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities. Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college Skills & Abilities:
- Must be experienced in developing COBOL applications and Web Services in a Mainframe environment.
- Knowledge of IBM DB2, COBOL, CICS, JCL required. Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years programming/systems experience in a mainframe environment, three (3) years of which is at the level comparable to the County\'s Associate Application Developer classification.
- On-Site Requirements: On-call help may be required. All work hours will be at billed at the same base rate regardless of the number of hours worked per billing period.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.