November 16, 2020
About The Opportunity
Need a dispatcher responsible for the execution of all plant activities related to freight, including production scheduling, dispatching trucks, negotiating freight rates with contract carriers.
- ****Shift: 1st Shift 5:30 AM. Need a workers ASAP The hours may vary, they would train now to about the mid to late January then would probably change hours to 12-2 pm to close (would do 8 hour shifts) M-F and Saturday as needed.****
Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordinates Scotts and Growing Media freight ensuring maximum efficiency as well as timely deliveries-
- Negotiates freight rates with contract carriers
- Maintains and processes all necessary records and paperwork to ensure that private fleet, as well as contract carriers, are in compliance with state, federal and local regulations.
- Confirms and/or processes orders and bills of lading-
- Advises customers on delivery scheduling and order problems; develops production schedules in conjunction with Production Supervisor; works with production personnel and other Growing Media Plants to coordinate shipments; responds to inquiries from customers, truck drivers, corporate personnel, etc.
- Will also be asked to cross train and fill in the general office duties such as scale operation, AP fill in, production entry fill in, inventory posting fill in or other general tasks as needed
- Performs special projects and other office duties as requested Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of state, local and federal DOT regulations
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills are required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be detail-oriented
- Good customer service orientation
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers and calculate percentages
- Good computer skills; Microsoft Excel - preferred
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED- 2 years experience in a traffic or freight-related field
- Previous experience dispatching trucks Required Skills
- Dispatcher Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.