THOUSAND OAKS, California
November 16, 2020
Director of Surgical Services
About The Opportunity
- The Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments. Major Responsibilities: Service
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Volume: 220-240 per month on Thousand Oaks / 400-450 at Main campus per month
- Back to normal with volume from COVID. Out of gate, was a positive 35 cases on volume and last month were 25 below. Right on par for where we need to be Service Lines Available:
- Surgical hospital – they are heavy ortho, by sheer nature of that facility it is really a boutique type hospital, rooms are fantastic, inpatient nursing unit has won unit of distinction 2 years in a row, sells itself, makes it easy to get surgeons to come to use that campus, does some gyn, some general Do about 20 open hearts a month, trying to grow more robust, recruiting another surgeon into it, do a lot of general, total joints, vascular, spine, quite a few robotic general cases, really have grown robotics program
- Have done a great job with growth, increased by 6.7% volume from last year, 152% growth on robotics, worked hard on that
- Bought a mako, one surgeon does about 400 cases a long, 1 XI at main, & 1 SI at main….looking to upgrade in near future
- Division has big business plan to grow robotics, was from FL (the Division president)
- Implemented a pediatric surgical service line as well over the last year, recruited pediatric general surgeon with big scope, will do about just anything if have infrastructure, did 160 cases out of gate….would have been 160 transfers, worked with Sunrise children’s to bring in-house
- Minimum Education
- Bachelor\'s degree required
- Master\'s degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred Minimum Work Experience
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing required
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
- MUST have acute care experience
- MUST have facility experience with 15-20+ OR\'s Required Licenses/Certifications
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
- Additional Information:
- OR’s – 17 total, 10 at main (7 general, 2 open heart, 1 cysto room) and also covers surgical hospital that has 7 OR’s & 1 Cysto room
- Main campus - Level 2 trauma center
- Experienced director required
- If have worked at Union environment in CA would be helpful
- FTE’s – around 140
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.