Raleigh, North Carolina
November 24, 2020
Technical Specialist - Expert - Normal
About The Opportunity
The Technical Specialist is a senior level resource with specialized knowledge and experience in a specific technology.
- ***The candidate will be allowed to work remotely but will be expected to work onsite once staff return to site. The candidate will need to come onsite the first day to collect equipment.
- This is a request to engage the services of a contractor with significant skills in support of the Solaris Operating System, specifically in connection with it being resident on our SuperCluster systems and the additional qualifier of having exposure to the Exadata storage associated. Required skills:
- Oracle SPARC S7 T4 T5 M8 Sparc server (specifically including Oracle SuperCluster Environments with Exadata cell hardware)
- Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 Zones
- Operating System patch and Vulnerability Management.
- Support All staff members on complex Server and application type technology problems.
- Perform Solaris system administration, including installation and customization.
- Share in a rotating coverage schedule for off-hours and weekend emergency situations/planned maintenance, which includes remote system access,
- As well as Disaster Recovery Testing and initiatives.
- Assist with key projects and deliverables related to the infrastructure environment.
- Support and coordinate scheduling and execution of system maintenance (including Hardware Firmware), release updates, upgrades, and/or new technology deployments adhering to company\'s standard change management protocol.
- Supporting and Updating of Solaris Image Packaging System.
- Actively strives to keep Standards documents, Process and Procedures Documents, and Baseline documents up to date with emerging industry standards
- Initiates Changes through our company\'s Change Management to address issues proactively and can effectively communicate current work in progress to others to complete like activities.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately.
- Strengths with SuperCluster, Platinum Gate Way and documentation high priority.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.