December 16, 2020
NIGHTS - ICU/Critical Care RN
About The Opportunity
Full-time nights - 7P-7A (rotating weekends)
- The Critical Care ICU RN manages the nursing care to patients admitted to the hospital in an observation status in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Job Responsibilities
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient\'s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- BSN Required - Magnet Facility
- A.D.N with CNO approval and enrollment in BSN program currently or enrolled within 6 months of hire and completion with 24 months Licenses/Certifications
- TX RN or Compact State Licensure
- ACLS and BLS
- PALS - within in 6 months
- CCRN - Specialty certification preferred Experience
- 1 year minimal experience - Prefers 2 years experience - ICU Experience ONLY in an acute care setting
- Must Have ventilator and Drip experience, will get 12+ drips. The more drips the better. Willing to train drips for person with the right attitude. Additional Information
- 28 Bed CCU - Includes SICU-MICU and CVICU
- 1:2 Ratio
- Critical Care Unit, patient ratio is 1:2 and will see all types of patients, Open Heart, Trauma, Burn, Vascular, Sepsis. Required to float through CCU, Burn and Trauma
- Type of culture (management style) of director or on the floor:
- Very big on customer service, treating the patient like family, focused on nurse friendly unit, team work between seasoned and new RN’s
- The Highest Acuity situations, very fast pace, 284 hospitals that transfer in from surrounding states. If you do not like fast paced, high acuity this is not for you.
- Expectation for accountability of team members to provide service excellence always, customer service is very important, available for support and need for escalations. Not a micro manager – delightful to work with! Culture of the facility/ unit:
- 1. Have a 24 hour Trauma surgery Team
- 2. Free Parking, Leadership is involved in this hospital Use Meditech as their charting system
- 3. 58% of their nurses are CCRN Cert, 4-% Trauma Cert.
- 4. Facility/Department Educators
- 5. Magnet Hospital, Level 1 Trauma May 2017, Stroke Certified, Cardiac Certified, Palliative Care Cert,
- 6. Self-Scheduling facility and units, Tuition Reimbursement, loan forgiveness (2021), Cert assistance, 401k program w/match, receive rewards points for shopping or gift cards. Very big on customer service, treating the patient like family, focused on nurse friendly unit, team work between seasoned and new RN’s
- 7. Starbucks in lobby x2!!! Selling Points
- Level 1 Trauma Facility
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Burn and Reconstructive Center
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.