December 21, 2020
DAYS - Cardiac Stepdown RN
About The Opportunity
Full-time Days 7A - 7P (rotating weekends)
- Our Cardiac Stepdown RN will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for unit patients. Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care Perform necessary technical skills as delineated through education, expertise, and unit requirements. Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice
- Our busy 39-bed intermediate care unit is comprised of a high functioning team oriented group of caring clinical nursing professionals with high morale that work well together, providing care for a variety of stepdown patients including cardiac procedures, interventional and surgical cases. Unlock the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that cares like family.
- BSN Required - Magnet Facility
- A.D.N with CNO approval and enrollment in BSN program currently or enrolled within 6 months of hire and completion with 24 months Licenses/Certifications
- TX RN or Compact State Licensure
- ACLS and BLS
- PALS - within in 6 months Experience
- Must have at least one (1) year Stepdown, Progressive Care, PCU or Intermediate Care RN experience in an acute care hospital - 2 Years is preferred
- Cardiac Exprience is PREFERRED
- Must have basic Drip and basic EKG Knowledge Additional Information
- 28 Bed CCU - Includes SICU-MICU and CVICU
- 1:2 Ratio
- Critical Care Unit, patient ratio is 1:3 - 1:4 and will see all types of patients, Open Heart, Trauma, Burn, Vascular, Sepsis. Required to float through CCU, Burn and Trauma Type of culture (management style) of director or on the floor:
- Very big on customer service, treating the patient like family, focused on nurse friendly unit, team work between seasoned and new RN’s
- The Highest Acuity situations, very fast pace, 284 hospitals that transfer in from surrounding states. If you do not like fast paced, high acuity this is not for you.
- Expectation for accountability of team members to provide service excellence always, customer service is very important, available for support and need for escalations. Not a micro manager – delightful to work with! Culture of the facility/ unit:
- 1. Have a 24 hour Trauma surgery Team
- 2. Free Parking, Leadership is involved in this hospital Use Meditech as their charting system
- 3. 58% of their nurses are CCRN Cert, 4-% Trauma Cert.
- 4. Facility/Department Educators
- 5. Magnet Hospital, Level 1 Trauma May 2017, Stroke Certified, Cardiac Certified, Palliative Care Cert,
- 6. Self-Scheduling facility and units, Tuition Reimbursement, loan forgiveness (2021), Cert assistance, 401k program w/match, receive rewards points for shopping or gift cards. Very big on customer service, treating the patient like family, focused on nurse friendly unit, team work between seasoned and new RN’s
- 7. Starbucks in lobby x2!!! Selling Points
- Level 1 Trauma Facility
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Burn and Reconstructive Center
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.