Durham, North Carolina
February 3, 2021
Network Specialist - ServiceNow
About The Opportunity
Network Specialist with advanced skill sets in networking as well as hands on ServiceNow Discovery experience for large complex environments.
- The candidate will be required to work onsite in Raleigh, NC. Some remote work may be allowed, but the candidate needs to work onsite or remotely from Raleigh, NC so that he/she can be onsite as required. ADDITIONAL NOTES:
- Of the 70+ resumes there were so many that were only ServiceNow(SN) admins with no networking exp, some network security with no SN exp, some programmers, and some networking people with no SN exp. The few that listed both but the resumes seemed to be fabricated. What we are looking for is:
- 1. Someone with a strong Network management background
- a. Cisco switch (nexus / catalyst) and Data center experience
- b. Network troubleshooting
- c. Network design
- 2. Service now Discovery implementation experience for large complex environments.
- 3. Hands on troubleshooting experience with ServiceNow Discovery
- 4. Senior level knowledge of TCP/IP networking, IP subnetting, and networking technologies.
- 5. ‘CCNA’ level of networking knowledge to include routing protocols, TCP/UDP transmission, subnetting and IP transit diagnosis Original Position Description:
- This position is a network specialist, and will support the NCDOT network infrastructure for 500+ locations. This contract position will be primarily tasked and responsible for working with our ServiceNow team to implement the Discovery aspect of ServiceNow. Discovery finds computers, servers, printers, a variety of IP-enabled devices, and the applications that run on them. It can then update the CIs in your CMDB with the data it collects. When not working with the SN team this position will work with the NCDIT-Transportation network team to maintain, configure and troubleshoot the network environment that services DOT and DMV office locations throughout the state.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements Required:
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on ServiceNow Discovery implementation experience for large complex environments.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow fundamentals
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting ServiceNow Discovery
- Intermediate to deep understanding of ServiceNow ITOM portfolio
- CCNA level of networking knowledge to include routing protocols, TCP/UDP transmission, IP transit diagnosis, subnetting and implement advanced troubleshooting including the ability to gather and analyze IP packet level data.
- Hands on senior knowledge of and experience with implementing & supporting current Cisco LAN switching products for access, distribution, core and data center solutions.
- Senior level knowledge of TCP/IP networking, IP subnetting, and networking technologies.
- Senior level troubleshooting skillset related to LAN and WAN technologies
- Ability to professionally document network solutions. Preferred:
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting Cisco products in a data center and field environment.
- Experience in an environment using Cisco ASA firewall solutions
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.