Work From Home, North Carolina
February 23, 2021
About The Opportunity
NCDIT requires a Public Health Specialist Electronic Lab Reporting(ELR) contractor for an initial six month engagement.
- ***The candidate will be allowed to work remotely but will be expected to work onsite once staff return to site. The candidate will need to come onsite the first day to collect equipment.
- Public Health Specialist Electronic Lab Reporting (ELR)
- This information exchange position coordinates and creates schedules and application interfaces to exchange patient/disease data, inclusive of electronic laboratory reporting (ELR). Position ensures standard exchange protocol such as HL7 compliance, standard vocabulary, etc. is utilized for moving health information, clinical data between independent medical applications, in near real time. Position ensures the information exchange processes accurately report health information data and maintain privacy and security of data under current HIPAA and other applicable standards.
- Position will have responsibility for the planning, coordination, and implementation of compliance to health information exchange standards during the onboarding and in-production periods for ELR program. Position will conduct ongoing quality control processes associated with programs such as ELR production data and reconciliation of daily ELR files. Position will apply, institute, and maintain Information Exchange Standards policy and process within the North Carolina Health Information Exchange Authority (NC HIEA) (i.e. NC HealthConnex) inclusive of ELR information.
- Person should be familiar with and work with a variety of laboratory environments including hospital laboratories, State Laboratory for Public Health, local health department laboratories and commercial laboratories doing business in North Carolina, to determine and assist in the readiness of the entities to report electronic laboratory result information to NC DPH surveillance systems, including the North Carolina Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NC EDSS).
- Position will promote the goal of using Standard Vocabulary through use of the industry standards code sets, such as SNOMED, LOINC, and FIPS codes in the HL7 format or format appropriate for use. Familiarity with laboratory CPT coding is required. The vocabulary is to be standard across diseases, such as case management vocabulary, while allowing for disease-specific vocabulary. Person will help plan, initiate, implement and maintain a vocabulary crosswalk for reporting capabilities as needed. Position will participate in forums for ELR standards and best practices.
- Position should have a good grasp of clinical information systems and outcomes measurement and be able to communicate needs to information technology staff. This position should have knowledge of Electronic Laboratory Reporting processes and how they would relate to NC HealthConnex regarding submission of electronic data. Position should be able to interpret and apply information from the appropriate Implementation Guide for HL7 Version 2.5.1 Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health (as examples) and support the development of technical specifications and resulting data exchange methods for the ELR and NC HealthConnex, safeguarding the business interests of the NC HIEA and the data quality of the ELR processes.
- Position is responsible for in-depth understanding of the techniques required to identify and develop critical success factors (CSF) with business goals and objectives.
- Position must be able to provide successful definition of product requirements, features and enhancements. Person should be a quick learner who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Must possess interpersonal skills required for managing group discussion and decision-making processes, including diplomacy, conflict resolution, and ability to encourage group participation.
- Position interacts with a broad range of clients and/or technology support employees, requiring strong communications skills and ability to use a wide range of technical resources for providing technical support. Position provides advanced support for a broad range of technologies.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of complex health care delivery systems.
- Knowledge of workflow of primary care/pediatricians and large health systems needs for public health reporting.
- Ability to coordinate and assist in a directing a statewide program to onboard providers to NC HealthConnex for public health reporting.
- Ability to participate in plan, operationalize and create efficiencies in current process.
- Ability to understand electronic health records and other technology applications as they related to public health reporting.
- Ability to organize and document effectively.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate issues and solutions to the NC HIEA, Division of Public Health, and health care service providers.
- Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, standards and policies applicable to programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with partner agencies and health care provider/stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Experience with analysis and design of documentation generation and review.
- Detailed knowledge in HL7, ICD-9/10, CPT, SNOMED, LOINC. Experience with implementing HL7 messaging or HL7 interface engines (e.g. Orion Rhapsody) is highly desirable.
- Person should have a good grasp of clinical information systems and be able to converse with information technology technical personnel.
- Be familiar with or use XML including Document Type Definitions, Schema.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.