Raleigh, North Carolina
February 25, 2021
Technical Specialist - Senior - Normal
About The Opportunity
The Technical Specialist is a senior level resource with specialized knowledge and experience in a specific technology.
- ***The candidate will be allowed to work remotely but will be expected to work onsite once staff return to site. ***The candidate will need to come onsite the first day to collect equipment.
- Interviews for this position will be scheduled in January 2021. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Installing, customizing, maintaining, and supporting a variety of mainframe software using DIT standards and recommended best practices provided by the vendor
- Using specialized software to monitor system performance, include making necessary adjustments to provide maximum performance of the system and system software
- Analyzing problems reported by clients and internal staff and working with vendors and clients to determine solutions and establish corrective action plans
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- Knowledge of IBM z/OS product maintenance lifecycle
- Experience with VTAM, TCIP/IP, NJE, EE, Mainframe print, OSA, and CTC configurations
- Experience with various File Transfer Protocols and Mainframe configuration including encryption
- Strong oral and written communication skills within a business and/or technical context to interact effectively with technical and non-technical personnel with a wide variety of technical resources
- Strong analytical skills to troubleshoot problems and determine solutions and establish corrective action plans
- Demonstrated experience using:
- Mainframe Print (LRS, VPS, and DRS, InfoPrint Server)
- Mainframe Protocols (SFTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, openSSH, telnet/TN3270, etc...)
- IBM Sterling Connect:Direct, TIbco Managed File Transfer
- VISARA mainframe console concentrator
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.