March 2, 2021
Software Engineer IV
About The Opportunity
The Office of Information Services (OIS) is a shared service provider for the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and the Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS). OIS provides the technology systems and services that support more than 11,000 OHA and DHS agency staff at local offices and facilities around the state. These systems and services help the two agencies determine client service program eligibility; provide medical, housing, food and job assistance; provide addiction, mental health, vocational and rehabilitative services; protect children, seniors and people with physical and/or developmental disabilities; process claims and benefits; manage provider licensing and state hospital facilities; and promote and protect the state public health.
- OIS seeks an experienced Software Engineer IV with Senior .NET Developer capabilities to provide support for the development and maintenance of a new PG .Net application.
- The new PG .Net application will facilitate data collection for Health Services Division (HSD) in order to track and monitor the treatment and satisfaction levels of clients in contact with the agency for help with gambling addiction. Primary data collection will involve client demographics, treatment encounter information, and follow up surveys.
- This solution is currently in development to replace a system that must be decommissioned by June 30, 2021. The position requires a high degree of technical knowledge regarding modern application design, database utilization, and system analysis. The system, at minimum viable product (MVP) is consider small, and additional personnel on the project will ensure that MVP is met by the due date.
- This position utilizes technical skill and ability of a very high order in the analysis and resolution of technical problems in the areas of customer assistance, operational maintenance, and construction. Coordination with other technical experts in OIS and collaboration with IT personnel of varying skill levels is required of this position. The customer base served includes technically sophisticated end-users, software vendors and suppliers, systems programmers, technical contractors, systems management staff, and systems operation staff. Scope:
- The key person will provide technical analysis, complete development of the new application and integrate this new development with existing systems. The key person will also consults with business partners, analysts and other IT experts in the agency to resolve issues and collaborate on development.
- Tasks: Contractor’s Key Person shall:
- Develop applications based on business requirements, IT standards and best practices
- Coordinate with other IT staff and vendors to analyze and resolve problems
- Serve as an expert in resolving system and application issues
- Follow procedures for diagnosing and solving problems
- Diagnose application issues, answer questions regarding application functionality and analyze complex problems related to applications and systems
- Collaborate with other state agencies, developers, and teams in constructing implementation plans
- Examine new technology for viability in Solving business problems
- Required skills and experience:
- 5 years experiences as a .NET Developer
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL server and MVC
- Experience with architecture styles/APIs
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Knowledge of at least one of the .NET languages- C#, .NET
- In addition, the ideal candidate will have skills and experience in:
- Experience of Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with ADOS
- Interviews will be conducted via MS Teams. Interview times will reflect Pacific Standard Time.
- If the Agency Authorized Representative and key person agree to allow off-site work, the expectation is for that key person to work onsite as soon as the general workforce transitions back into the Agency workplace.
- Work schedule is typically Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM Pacific Standard Time.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.