March 9, 2021
Database Architect IV
About The Opportunity
- The Office of Information Services (OIS) is a shared service provider for the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS). OIS provides the technology systems and services that support more than 11,000 OHA and ODHS agency staff at local offices and facilities around the state. These systems and services help the two agencies determine client service program eligibility; provide medical, housing, food and job assistance; provide addiction, mental health, vocational and rehabilitative services; protect children, seniors and people with physical and/or developmental disabilities; process claims and benefits; manage provider licensing and state hospital facilities; and promote and protect the state public health.
- OIS seeks an experienced Database Architect IV with expertise in analyzing existing Sybase data architectures and performing database migrations between Sybase and MSSqlServer in accordance with business, data security, and regulatory requirements.
- This contract position will fulfill OIS objectives of decommissioning existing Sybase databases. For this engagement, this includes the migration of an existing Sybase database and migration of that database to MSSqlServer. This includes Stored Procedures, PowerBuilder objects, joins and transaction objects. The existing Sybase database supports a set of applications within the Nutrition Health Screening section, which includes the FamilyNet and WIC (Women, Infants, Children) applications. The applications are written in Sybase PowerBuilder. The outcome of this migration project is to have the PowerBuilder applications maintain all existing functionality once migration to MSSqlServer is complete.
- Contractor’s Key Person will work with OIS technical staff and business program personnel to develop a strategic roadmap to develop and execute the database migration effort.
- Contractor’s Key Person under this WOC will participate in setting the strategic direction for the database migration. Contractor’s Key Person will provide expertise in the planning efforts to identify tasks and deliverables. The Contractor’s Key person with then execute those tasks to complete the migration. Tasks:
- Audit existing data systems; models, queries, stored procedures, security, etc. and provide recommendations and a suggested roadmap for migration.
- Develop and implement recommended strategy for migration of schema.
- Implement conversion of PowerBuilder Window Objects.
- Develop recommended data standards for bulk data migration (e.g. BCP scripts).
- Modify Transaction objects for new MSSqlServer database.
- Maintain existing data security and access models.
- Develop database administration standards and processes, including change control, to inform Agency’s SDLC process, and train staff in the application and use of these standards and processes.
- Develop a data (or database) change request process with the developer and Data Resource Management teams
- Required skills and experience:
- Data Analysis
- Data Modeling
- Database Migration
- Transact SQL
- Stored procedures In addition, the ideal candidate will have skills and experience in:
- Experience of familiarity with PowerBuilder
- SSMA – SQLServer Migration Assistant
- BCP scripts
- Conversion of PowerBuilder Window Objects
- Please make sure resumes submitted CLEARLY reflect the required skills and experience. Resumes that do not reflect the required skills will be rejected, regardless of how you respond to the Qualifications section.
- Interviews will be conducted via MS Teams. Interview times will reflect Pacific Standard Time.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, we anticipate two weeks or more for the background check completion for the selected candidate.
- Key Person shall work remotely.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.