March 12, 2021
About The Opportunity
This position provides oversight, leadership, accountability and portfolio management functions for large size, complex portfolio of projects. This position will help manage and maintain the DTMB Investment Management portfolio.
- Develop and manage metrics for the Portfolio. The portfolio of projects is highly visible including public facing, and revenue generating functions for the State of Michigan. Roles performed require regular interaction with agency and DTMB executive staff.
- Manages portfolio of projects’ execution to ensure conformity to established budgets, timelines, and scope.
- Manage the timeline and documentation pertaining to the DTMB Investment Management process, including the Call for Projects process, working with the DTMB governance.
- Perform long-term release planning based on organizational direction, regularly interact with the project management teams for status of budget, quality and schedule, escalate issues and risks as needed to executives and exercise project quality control activities to ensure project scope expectations are met.
- Manages the report generation for the DTMB Investment portfolio using the State’s PPM tool. Manages the process developing reports as required by DTMB executives.
- Mentors all senior and junior level Project Managers in the use of the state’s PPM tool.
- Responsible for supporting all project delivery work in accordance with required methodology (such as the State of Michigan’s State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE) methodology), and following all standard project management industry standards such as PMI’s framework.
- Coordinates and controls the end to end process of capturing all key project artifacts, including, but not limited to business cases, project charters, baselined project schedules, project management plans, change requests, status reports, lessons learned. May require consistent utilization of the State of Michigan’s SUITE methodology and Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool.
- Raise identified issues and risks to the appropriate senior management level including the Project Management Office (PMO) for action inclusive of description of the issue, comprehensive analysis of options and recommendation for remediation.
- Work with the stakeholders, including the PMO to facilitate project governance effectiveness through weekly status reporting, project/portfolio data, regular governance meetings, etc.
- Documented experience in successfully managing Information Technology (IT) projects or programs (full project life cycle) whose budget was greater than $10,000,000 (excluding hardware/software costs) and whose timeline was greater than 3 years.
- 5 years of recent experience in managing IT projects or programs (preferably within a government environment)
- Documented experience in successfully managing a program or portfolio for complex projects (including multiple stakeholders, staff, multiple vendors, data conversions and multiple technologies).
- Documented experience in performing Project Management, Quality Management, or other critical functions within complex Information Technology projects (preferably with budgets greater than $10,000,000 and multi-phase, multiyear implementations).
- Professional certification in Project Management, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrable presentation skills are necessary for this position. Skills in MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in complex projects involving multiple vendors and in-house resources within all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Software Engineering Institute\\\'s (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI).
- Knowledge and understanding of the IT Governance Framework, COBIT.
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.