Raleigh, North Carolina
March 18, 2021
Technical Specialist - Junior - Normal
About The Opportunity
SPECS Junior Tech Specialist (EAS SPECS) - NC Department of Information Technology - Transportation - BA for Implementation of AASHTOWare Project CRL Module
- ***The candidate will be allowed to work remotely until all staff return to site. At that point the candidate will be required to come onsite.
- ***The candidate will need to come onsite the first day at his or her own expense to collect equipment.
- The North Carolina Department of Information Technology - Transportation (NCDIT - Transportation) is seeking a Junior Level Technical Specialist contractor for a 12-month engagement for the Department\'s Engineering Application Services as a SPECS Team Technical Specialist. This self-driven person will be responsible for delivering business requirements, understanding data flow requirements between our major systems, performing some application configuration (using XML), developing tasks and schedules for delivery, and training to support delivery of the AASHTOWare Project\'s Civil Rights and Labor (CRL) module to the construction unit at NCDOT. This individual will set goals by identifying requirements, use cases and tests, estimate hours required for business analysis and task completion, and ensure clear communication regarding components to be delivered to the business. Communication with the IT team will include creation of backlog items and daily meetings. This individual will be responsible for breaking down the design into milestones and work items, tracking status, managing communication and dependencies both to the technical team, and to the business customer. This individual will also coordinate test validation and rollout for functional components, ensuring customers are informed & trained with sufficient help & training materials. The individual must be knowledgeable and experienced with business analysis, project management and the system development life cycle, AASHTOWare Project, and construction processes in a state level DOT. This person is ultimately accountable to the SPECS IT manager for the effective delivery of this module and its interfaces to other primary systems in a timely fashion. It is critical this position be filled as soon as possible in order for the SPECS IT team to maintain the current level of support for these applications.
- It\'s expected that the Technical Specialist will be available during standard business hours, M-F local time.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow and business processes
- Document the program and project deliverables as assigned
- Coordinate with clients to re-engineer business processes
- Design AASHTWARE Project CRL deliverables as required to support the re-engineered business processes
- Develop and deliver training materials for changed business processes and IT applications
- Provide knowledge transfer to DOT trainers who will be responsible for long term training delivery
- Provide limited support for new processes during implementation
- Analyze and estimate feasibility and compatibility with other programs and projects
- Provide coordination and leadership for other project team members as needed
- Consult with clients to prototype, refine, test, and debug applications and processes to meet needs
- Provide quality control for program and project deliverables
- Provide operational support for clients and the IT applications that support their business processes
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.