Raleigh, North Carolina
March 19, 2021
MES IT Project Quality Manager
About The Opportunity
NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Information Technology Division (ITD) seeks an IT Project Quality Manager (IT-PQM) for the Medicaid Enterprise System (MES) project. Agile certification and Medicaid experience preferred.
- The IT Project Quality Manager (PQM) will aide with oversight and delivery of projects focused on Enterprise IT platform modernization in addition to providing support of certification of new functionality. The PQM will provide consistent, timely updates on schedule and demonstrate a track record of managing projects delivering large projects within a complex, matrix organization. The candidate is required to have knowledge or experience managing projects for deploying systems using the Agile Scrum methodologies. Excellent communications skills required. The candidate must be well organized and exhibit excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
- This role will consult with the MES Project Manager who serves as the lead for the portfolio This role will exhibit strong analytical skills contributing to the identification and analysis of risks, issues, lessons learned, action items, technical team performance metrics, and will maintain crosswalks, and associated documentation within those areas. Preparation of managerial reports for approval by the MES Program Director (MPD) and distribution to the stakeholders is also a key task. This resource will assist with leading IT stakeholder analysis and evaluation of the State Business Process Model\'s (BPM) alignment with or deviation from the Centers for Medicaid Medicare Services (CMS)-defined standards and conditions for IT systems. This resource may interface with Division Leadership and DHHS Subject Matter Experts (SME) as required to complete the work. This role is focused on monitoring and managing project delivery, certification and compliance. It is also focused on coaching peers in Agile methodologies. Participation in drafting procurement documentation, Request for Proposals (RFPs) is key aspect. Interface with business stakeholders will occur daily.
The selected candidate must be a results-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic and must be able to demonstrate excellent IT Project Management, negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills. This position will be responsible for working with senior-level business executives, IT personnel, and business program resources to execute project requirements and manage stakeholder expectations. This role will work with the MES Quality Assurance Unit and the selected vendor(s) to complete implementation of the systems.
- QA Validation Support
- Creating, updating and maintaining quality reporting and communicate performance trends to program management.
- Identifying trends and overseeing projects to lead continuous improvement and problem-solving efforts to improve quality
- Aggregating and analyzing quality data and recommending methods for improving product and service quality, design and/or business processes.
- Monitoring, identifying, and analyzing performance metrics in order to provide constructive feedback, maintain high-service levels, and increase production system efficiency.
- Coordinating with stakeholders to ensure all program review findings are identified, tracked. Ensuring a mitigation plan is in place with defined dates for resolution.
- Reviewing product history and lessons learned from design validation sources, current production quality, and warranty data to identify and drive preventive measures to ensure optimal quality of each project as it is implemented.
- Acting as liaison to federal program reviewers and State and DHHS Project Monitoring Oversight teams.
- Following up with management on all exceptions and corrective actions pertaining to quality reviews by staff.
- Ensure the utilization of industry best practices for compliance with CMS and State-defined performance standards.
- Perform pre-contract support, including vendor pre-qualification (RFI and IFB, RFP, and RFQ)
- Evaluate documents to determine acceptability based on business unit needs and Federal/State standards
- Develop goals and metrics for measuring and managing supplier quality
- Mitigate vendor risk and create third party contingency plans
- Assist in validation of IT systems, evaluation of requirements, and testing.
- Assist in the planning, design and implementation of a Quality Management framework including the policy, and procedures
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.