Remote Work, North Carolina
March 23, 2021
About The Opportunity
Typical Experience: 84+ months
- ***This position will be remote for the duration of the engagement. The manager will mail the equipment to the candidate.
- The NC Department of Revenue (NCDOR) is hiring for a seasoned contract Java Applications Developer to work with key stakeholders and contributors to migrate NCDOR written applications from Java 1.5 to 1.8. The assignment will be up to six months in duration. The Java Applications Developer will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Work with DOR resources, key stakeholders, and contributors to identify and plan the scope of work associated with moving batch processes from Java 1.5 to 1.8.
- Work includes migrating from JBuilder 2006 to Eclipse, uplifting Java 1.5 to 1.8, remove CORBA, and updating Unix Shell Scripts.
- Develop aproject schedule for the total scope of work.
- Communicate project information, issues, and status to the organization through various methods including written reports and presentations.
- Ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- In performing these responsibilities, the developer is expected to apply application programming best practices.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Requirements
- A. Basic requirements:
- 1. Demonstrated in-depth analytical skills and ability to develop and configure software applications and tools to solve complex problems
- 2. Demonstrated in-depth experience with Java versions 1.5 and 1.8, Java Frameworks, Eclipse, and Unix Shell Script.
- 3. Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to gather requirements and develop/configure software applications and tools to solve complex problems involving multithreaded, real time systems.
- 4. Ability to make determinations based on facts, identify problems, report potential problems, and assess options proactively.
- 5. Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies and the tools and techniques used in all phases.
- 6. Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive, and productive working relationships with peers, superiors, subordinates, and customers
- 7. Knowledge of best practices for secure applications development.
- 8. Ability to understand customer needs, including the level of urgency, and translate them into appropriate automated solutions.
- 9. Seven+ years of Java experience
- 10. Five+ years Unix Shell Script experience with emphasis on batch applications
- 11. Skills in facilitation, problem solving, and conflict management.
- 12. Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate across functional areas.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.