March 25, 2021
Data Architect III
About The Opportunity
Full-time professional work experience in Information Technology. May require a bachelor\'s degree in a related area and at least 6 years or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area. At least three (3) years of the required professional work experience must be in Data Warehousing Management. Substitutions: Accredited college training may substitute for the required work experience except for the Data Warehousing Management experience, with a maximum substitution of four (4) years. (Fifteen (15) semester hours in Information Technology or a related area is required.) Accredited graduate training in the above area may substitute for the required work experience with a maximum substitution of two (2) years. Successfully completion of an Information Technology Certification program, may substitute for the required work experience with a maximum substitution of two (2) years. (Proof of certification must accompany application.) Two (2) years of work experience as a Database Analyst-Senior ; Data Administrator ; Data Warehousing Administrator ; Database Analyst-Intermediate ; Data Warehousing Analyst may substitute for all of the required experience.
- PART TIME FOR 1 YEAR SCHEDULE WILL BE NEGOTIATED WHEN SELECTED
- The purpose of this request is to procure professional services for ODOT State Project Delivery Branch (Technology and Data Unit). This engagement is to work with the Business Intelligence Data Warehouse program. The primary tasks the contractor will perform are as follows:
- Able to analyze, design and build data and reporting solutions using Microsoft SQL stack, including SSIS and SSRS.
- Gather business automation, data integration and reporting requirements, document use cases, and analyze data and data sources to determine conceptual database solution designs.
- Develop, test and implement databases and ETL packages using SSIS to integrate and store data extracted from multiple enterprise systems and loaded into DW environment
- Create dashboard and reporting mock-ups and prototypes from conceptual design through testing and implementation. Develop and publish reports, dashboards, ad hoc reporting from conceptual design through delivery. Report and dashboard data sources could be any combination of Enterprise Data Warehouse sources (DW schemas, views, cubes, etc.) or non- Data Warehouse sources such as legacy ODOT information systems, Access databases, Excel files, flat files, etc.
- Provide advice, consultation and helpdesk services to ODOT Business Intelligence (BI) users to enhance business decision-making capabilities. Advice, consultation and helpdesk request may cover report development and automation processes, data manipulation, integration and reporting best practices, and usage of Microsoft BI tools such as Power BI and SSRS.
- Organize, develop and update process and training materials to help educate ODOT Business Intelligence users about report development best practices and usage of Microsoft BI tools (Power BI, SSRS)
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated capability to interact with customers, clearly understand customer needs and document those needs.
- Understand System Development Lifecycle methodology for data and reporting solutions. Specifically requirements management, data management, database design, data extraction, report development, all forms of testing procedures, and promotion of database, data integration and report solutions to production environment.
- Knowledge of transportation project delivery processes, data and systems Visio
- Microsoft certification in Microsoft SQL stack tools
- Star/ Snowflake modeling
- Physical/ logical data modeli
- De-normalization techniques
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.