Raleigh, North Carolina
March 31, 2021
About The Opportunity
Wake Tech Community College is looking for a senior developer to serves as a team leader in the design, development, and maintenance of complex software applications. THIS IS A TEMP TO PERM POSITION. DETAILS BELOW
- **THIS IS A TEMP TO PERM POSITION. After the initial contract engagement the manager would like to hire the contractor full time. The salary for the full time position is $94,900.00 per year. Wake Tech Community College is not able to offer sponsorship for the full time role. Only candidates available to work full time without sponsorship will be considered for this position.
- ***Current everyone at Wake Tech is working remotely. However, once staff return to site the successful candidate will have to be onsite for work.
- This position is the senior developer and serves as a team leader in the design, development, and maintenance of complex software applications. This position provides a senior role in business analysis and the gathering/development of requirements, independently converting requirements into technical specifications used to code/develop automated work flows using one or more programming languages. This position provides leadership to other Application Developers in troubleshooting legacy web-based applications as well as adjacent systems and provides guidance for adhering to internal processes for developing programming, quality assurance and documentation standards. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES (*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described.
- Responsible for identifying the most complex business requirements from college stakeholders and translating them into workflows and specifications for creating automated solutions.
- Provides leadership to all Application Developers for the web/application development methodologies used to support the college\'s critical software applications by serving as a point-of-reference for business requirement-gathering procedures, technical specifications, coding methods, quality assurance and documentation
- Serves in a leadership capacity in working closely with IT analysts, project stakeholders and support personnel to develop complete specifications and application workflows for development of new software applications or modifications to existing software applications by using business/technical knowledge and experience to keep project team members focused on technical solutions that are efficient, cost-effective and realistic
- Responsible for coding in multiple programming languages with advanced, complex algorithms with a focus on efficiency, reusability, and security*Serves as the leader in the design and development of strategies in which third-party APIs are utilized, implementing web services, consuming data from Representational State Transfer (RESTful) and/or Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) based HTTPS endpoints
- Oversees work performed by System Administrators in installing, configuring and testing servers in Windows, UNIX or Linux operating system environments
- Oversees implementation and support of data integrity and security processes for supported applications including managing and monitoring of critical services
- Responds to emergency situations as needed, during and after normal business hours, to identify, assess and mitigate critical operational issues
- Serves as the technical lead in database programming and administration tasks
- Serves as technical lead in Windows/Unix/Linux systems programming and administrative tasks
- Provides project management expertise in supporting all facets of the software development life cycle
- Provides leadership in writing of comprehensive detailed documentation in support of College systems and applications for technical support personnel and end-users by both developing technical writing requirements and being a point-of-reference to others when necessary
- Provides leadership in defining, conducting and monitoring of system quality assurance procedures
- Provides oversight for maintaining revision controls for all supported software applications
- Researches and stays current of security threats and vulnerabilities and provides leadership in determining and executing mitigation strategies
- Provides leadership and guidance in an informal mentoring role of other Application Developer I & II personnel when necessary
- Completes an annual applied benchmark project on an individual or group basis
- Documented ability to program at an advanced level in two or more object oriented programming languages (C#, JAVA, etc.)
- Demonstrable understanding of relational databases (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server) with the ability to write and support complex queries, functions, and stored procedures
- Advanced knowledge of web application technology interoperability (OS, database, network, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of multiple web/application development methodology (Agile, SCRUM, RAD, SDLC, Waterfall)
- Demonstrable understanding of complex data structures and concepts (recursion, sort/search algorithms), and how to apply them to practical design and programming solutions
- Practical experience of project management methodology with proven ability to multi-task within tight timelines, budget constraints and client high expectations
- Must be customer-service-oriented and work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to clearly and concisely write complex technical documentation with consideration to the technical understanding of the intended audience.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.