Fayetteville, North Carolina
April 1, 2021
Service Support Analyst- Junior
About The Opportunity
Service Support Analyst required to provide technical and support services in the installation, configuration, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment for students, faculty and staff.
- All FTCC staff are working 100% onsite. The candidate will be expected to work five days a week on campus in Fayetteville, NC.
- Service Support Analyst required to provide technical and support services in Fayetteville, NC in the installation, configuration, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment. To support students, faculty and staff by performing diagnosis and resolutions of technical issues as related to the use and performance of all campus personal computers through hands-on and help desk functions. To assist in the maintenance and reporting related to hardware and software inventory database. This position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem solving. Duties are performed with little supervision and require initiative and judgment.
- Receives direction from the Management Information Services (MIS) Support Manager or Computer Support Supervisor.
- May exercise technical and functional supervision over Computer Support Technicians I. Essential Duties- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist end-users in the proper use of computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment within the established standards and guidelines.
- Assist and prepare room layout and replacement/setup of computer classrooms and open IT labs.
- Install computer hardware and software; link peripheral equipment and test configuration.
- Analyze research and provide solutions to faculty and staff requests for information technology needs.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems as they relate to data communications, computers, printers and peripherals utilizing diagnostic software and logical troubleshooting procedures.
- Work with MIS staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems and requests received from end-users.
- Perform major computer repairs as they relate to operating system platforms, hardware installation and upgrades.
- Perform routine inspections and preventative maintenance of computer hardware.
- Download software patches and other appropriate hardware from the Internet, test and install as necessary.
- Provide help desk support as well as perform day-to-day administration, maintenance, and support of computers and peripherals.
- Coordinate vendor support between the College and manufacturer representatives for hardware and software information for computer systems; maintain information about equipment and installation; identify software users and recommend packages or other approaches as assigned.
- Accept responsibility for any tools issued by the College to perform daily job functions, as required (e.g. iPads, laptops, etc.).
- Maintain inventory of computer hardware, software, and supplies.
- Compile and prepare job-related reports and documentation, as required.
- Write basic computer code and report generation programs, as required.
- Test and evaluate new computer hardware and software for campus use.
- Attend workshops, conferences and meetings related to assigned area(s) of responsibilities.
- Provide training to end-users in the proper operation of computer equipment and applications.
- Frequently required to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, and walk.
- Occasionally required to climb stairs.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel object, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms...
- Hear Audible equipment indicators and verbal communications in the environment.
- Must see with sufficient close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception; and focus adjustment to differentiate light/color intensity and evaluation perceivable changes in the environment.
- Perform related duties as assigned. Ability to:
- Assist in performing maintenance and repairs on assigned computers.
- Ability to effectively work with a wide variety of people.
- Provide assistance and instruction to students, faculty and staff on technical matters appropriate to assigned area.
- Interpret and apply College policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Read, understand and interpret hardware and software manuals, apply such information as appropriate.
- Work independently or as part of a team if needed to resolve problems; be available “on-call” to resolve problems after normal business hours and on weekends, as needed.
- Recognize research and diagnose hardware and software problems, repair when possible.
- Access the Internet to download software patches and other appropriate software.
- Provide training in the use of computer, software and peripheral equipment.
- Maintain job-related records and prepare reports.
- Safely operate and care for tools, equipment and materials used in the diagnoses and installation of computers and peripherals.
- Plan, organize and prioritize work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of:
- Principles of data communications.
- Installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnosis of computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of multiple versions of Windows products based on campus standards.
- Extensive knowledge of computer workstation/desktop hardware, software, and peripherals based on campus standards.
- Troubleshooting, problem-solving techniques and repair techniques.
- Basic Internet access, search and downloading techniques.
- Current and emerging social, mobile technologies hardware, software and operating systems.
- Accepted safety practices when dealing with electronic devices and equipment.
- Basic record keeping procedures.
- One year of experience troubleshooting computers, peripherals, and software applications required. Demonstrated technical expertise in support of operating systems required. Ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks, completing them accurately and in a timely manner. Training:
- An Associate degree from an accredited College in computer technology, computer science, information technology or network communications technology; or equivalent.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.