Raleigh, North Carolina
April 1, 2021
SharePoint Technical Specialist
About The Opportunity
NCDOT is seeking an Expert Level Technical Specialist contractor for the Engineering Content Management group who will be responsible for development of business requirements, design of SharePoint and web-based business solutions and related materials.
- ***The candidate will be allowed to work remotely until all staff return to site. At that point the candidate will be required to come onsite.
- ***The candidate will need to come onsite the first day to collect equipment. FEEDBACK FROM MANAGER ON PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED CANDIDATES:
- A majority of the candidates were career programmers and did not include the well-rounded skillset of Design/BA/QA – some did not have enough SharePoint experience. These positions do not perform any coding, but have the diverse background of understanding and designing applications, SharePoint experience in a designer role or higher, system documentation, story writing, user training, requirement gathering, etc. The remaining applicants who I have in my pile did not stay in a position for more than 1 year (I ignored the last 2 because of COVID, but they had the role of Design/BA/QA). The position usually takes someone 3-6 months to get up to speed and a few more months to take ownership, depending on their experience with SharePoint or transportation.
- The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) is seeking a Junior Level Technical Specialist contractor for a 12-month engagement for the Department\'s Engineering Application Services as an ECM Technical Specialist. This person will be responsible for business analysis and software design in support of NCDOT’s Preconstruction processes and initiatives. This individual will define and prioritize SharePoint and web based projects delivering content management and business process support on behalf of the business unit(s), breaking down the design into work items, tracking status, managing communication and dependencies. This individual will also coordinate test validation and rollout for these projects, ensuring customers are informed & trained, sufficient help & training materials are created and delivered, and that operational support is arranged. This individual will be responsible for mentoring and guiding one or more business analysts and should have a familiarity with standard business analysis processes and experience with business process transformation. The individual must be knowledgeable and experienced with project management and the system development life cycle. This individual must have proven SharePoint design experience with Microsoft SharePoint lists, libraries & content types.
- Design SharePoint and web-based solutions to support Preconstruction business processes
- Break down design into clearly defined, manageable work items
- Prioritize and track progress on work items and deliverables
- Mentor and guide the work of one or more business analysts
- Ensure work items and deliverables are scheduled, completed, and delivered to the clients on time and with high quality & excellent, usable documentation.
- Document the program and project deliverables as assigned
- Coordinate with clients to implement re-engineered business processes
- Test SharePoint and web-based content management deliverables as required to support the re-engineered business processes
- Develop and deliver training materials for changed business processes and IT applications
- Consult with clients to prototype, refine, test, and debug applications and processes to meet needs
- Provide quality control for program and project deliverables
- Required Skills: (2+ years)
- SharePoint design experience with Microsoft SharePoint lists, libraries, and content types
- Designing and testing SharePoint and web-based content management solutions
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to explain business processes to IT users and IT applications to business users
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Microsoft Suite experience (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, MS Project)
- Proven experience evaluating business processes and re-engineering
- Proven experience writing clear and concise technical training materials and user documentation
- Working knowledge of application development life cycle
- Working knowledge of NCDOT Preconstruction business processes
- Understanding of NCDOT transportation life cycle business processes
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SharePoint as a designer
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Azure DevOps tool suite
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.