Raleigh, North Carolina
April 1, 2021
IT Sr. Project Manager
About The Opportunity
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking a Senior Project Manager to manage the DHHS ServiceNow Platform Service
- The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking a Senior Project Manager to manage the ServiceNow Platform Service. ServiceNow is an established platform at DHHS which is providing support of common capabilities across the organization. The agency currently utilizes the ITSM, CSM, HRSD, and ITBM ServiceNow modules.
- This senior project management role will work within the Platform Management team to manage ServiceNow projects. The project manager will be hands-on, working directly with multiple stakeholders and business teams to manage the day to day activities for all projects. The project manager will directly manage daily standups and other agile ceremonies across multiple DHHS divisions and multiple project portfolios to coordinate a single pipeline of ServiceNow projects.
- Responsibilities typically include, but are not limited to: managing and authoring required project management artifacts following the practices and guidelines from the PMI’s PMBOK and the DHHS and State Methodology, managing the detailed project budget, requirements definitions, monitoring expenditures, developing and maintaining all required State CIO project documentation, serving as an IT management liaison to the business client, leading and performing hands on analysis of the business and technical environments, supervising implementation activities, ensuring that project plans and schedules are established and maintained, ensuring that deliverables are completed timely and accurately, supervising staff (State and contractual staff), conducting formal presentations, coordinating with all project stakeholders and ensuring that appropriate project controls are instituted. The selected candidate must be a results oriented individual with a very strong work ethic and must be able to demonstrate excellent IT Project Management, negotiation, communication and problem solving skills. This position will be responsible for working with senior level business executives, IT personnel, and business program resources to execute project requirements and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Must have 7+ years recent Project Manager experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience assisting executive teams with the development of concept, scope, and implementation plans.
- Managing scope, resources, timelines, costs/budget, quality, communication, and procurements to meet the goals of the State
- Must have theoretical and practical project management and agile management knowledge, techniques and tools. Would be nice to have experience with the Agile capabilities within ServiceNow (ITBM).
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have experience writing RFPs/technical writing.
- Must be able to able to gather requirements and conduct business analysis necessary to define product backlogs from prioritized business needs that focus on lean value-added processes.
- Must have strategic planning skills with good understanding of roadmap development.
- Must have risk management and change management skills.
- Must have proficiency in project management, agile, scrum, and kanban software tools.
- Would be nice to have experience with the state\'s Touchdown project management system.
- Would be nice to have experience with ServiceNow ITSM, CSM, ITBM, and HR Enterprise modules.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.