April 21, 2021
Business Analyst 5 (647395)
About The Opportunity
This position will serve as a senior level business analyst with the Department of Technology, Management, and Budget (DTMB) Agency Services supporting the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT).
- Position will:
- Facilitate and lead meetings.
- Elicit and document SMART functional requirements in EPICS. Features, and User Story Format.
- Develop and document technical system requirements.
- Review and document business processes such as As-Is and To-Be Process Flows.
- Contribute to use case / user stories estimates.
- Develop use case / user stories documentation.
- Conduct walkthrough of User Story and Functional Design documentation.
- Demonstrate skill of complex problem solving, negotiation, and deductive reasoning.
- Develop functional design document.
- Support system design and development.
- Contribute to the mentoring of less experience Business Analysts on the team.
- Facilitate the communication of technical terminology at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Provide direction to software developers.
- Be self-motivated.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Work with stakeholders and discover the underlying business need.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with clients.
- Ensure requirements and business solutions map to a business need.
- Knowledge of Michigan government.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Project, Excel, Word, Access, Office).
- Knowledge of SQL and databases highly desirable.
- Knowledge of TOAD or other database querying tool.
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Knowledge of the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE).
- Experience using Project Management Institute (PMI) methodologies.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.