Raleigh, North Carolina
April 23, 2021
Reopened - Application Architect
About The Opportunity
NC DHHS is need of an Application Architect to work on the ACTS Technical Team.
- Purpose of Position/Summary: Employee works in the ACTS Technical Team. This role is responsible for working with the ACTS Modernization planning vender to oversee application architecture activities including overall standards and processes for the current platforms and future platforms within the ACTS Modernization project and understanding the overall IT goals of the Information Technology Division. The Application Architect will also work with the Planning vendor to review and assist in the process of selecting an overall approach to system modernization for the ACTS system. Employee reports to the APMO IT Portfolio Manager. Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assists in defining and maintaining application/architecture strategies and standards to leverage best practices in user interface design, Web services, and COTS application and mainframe programming interfaces required to meet the business needs for ACTS applications and services;
- Participates and contributes to ACTS Modernization Project technical team reporting activities and meetings;
- Works directly with the ACTS planning vendor to ensure application requirements are met and the vendors are providing documentation and knowledge to support project efforts;
- Understands the architecture standards, procedures, integrity, and integration of applications that interact with Child Support;
- Reviews proposed application solutions and assists planning vendor with technical, structural, and organizational designs and specifications;
- Participates in Proof of Concepts, high-level design, and explores solution alternatives and integration;
- Supports application design for recovery, high availability, performance, security, and maintenance;
- Researches, recommends, and understands the use of middleware to facilitate the portability and scalability of applications;
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of logical and physical application modeling and diagrams for CSS applications;
- Works with ACTS Technical teams on project assignments to gather and catalog technical documentation;
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Job Requirements:
- Prior experience with mainframe modernization is a preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Architecture and current environments IBM COBOL, CICS, Telon for z/OS, and IBM BPM;
- Advanced knowledge of architecture assessment and solution quality including hardware/software capabilities and configurations;
- Advanced knowledge of application communications, connectivity and security;
- Thorough knowledge of cloud architecture/solutions and integration solutions to support the future environments.
- Thorough knowledge of relational databases;
- Advanced knowledge of Agile framework and principals
- Advanced knowledge Atlassian ALM tool suites;
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information technology, or relevant experience;
- Architecture certifications in TOGAF, AWS, Google, Azure is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand complicated technical documentation and perform logic analysis;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to apply theories, principles and methodologies to architectural design.
- Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
- No supervisory responsibility or direct reports. Employee reports to IT Manager, Application Portfolio Manager. Employee may receive guidance from other Application Specialists and Technical Manager.
- Difficulty of Work:
- Employee applies general agency guidelines in designing and maintaining system architectures for a variety of complex technology areas, using considerable judgment in selecting those techniques and procedures most pertinent. Hardware and software problems faced are non-routine in nature and require in-depth analysis and application of advanced logic to reach a solution, which may be unique in the field.
- Employee works with minimum supervision and makes many individual judgments in achieving general goals. Work is reviewed for attainment of objectives and compliance with policy. Employee’s contribution may have a significant impact on the practices of the ACTS application, and the decisions made by management. Personal Work Relationships:
- Contacts are with information technology staff within and outside the agency and department for the purpose of facilitating communication of requirements and responsibilities for systems under development or evaluation. Employee is involved in cooperative problem solving in highly sensitive or disputed situations.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.