Raleigh, North Carolina
May 3, 2021
DHHS- PSO IT Security Specialist - Sr (642478)
About The Opportunity
NC DHHS - Privacy and Security Office (PSO) is seeking an Information Technology (IT) professional with proven Splunk (SIEM) Security Information Event Management experience and knowledge to address Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliance
Requiring services of an IT Security Specialist to aid county offices in the identification of gaps through risk management, and assist in the development of mitigation strategies, and to establish the target security/infrastructure architecture.
- Duties include, are not limited to:
• Experience with Splunk, network security, server and system security, and application security supporting event management tools, including SIEMs.
• Experience in configuring the data ingestion to Splunk cloud from various data sources such as Linux Logs, Application Logs and Cloud Native Service Logs.
• Detailed understanding and strong skill set in operating and working with the Splunk toolset
• Proven experience with rule and advanced logic creation in Splunk, including knowledge of thorough understanding and operational experience with Splunk Search Language
• Development of automated searches and applications using Python, Shell scripting, HTML, CSS, and regular expressions
• Experience in developing Splunk Dashboards and configuring alerts for notable events.
• Thorough understanding of Splunk’s Common Information Model (CIM)
• Experience in configuring and customizing the Splunk Enterprise Security for SIEM capabilities.
• Expert level skills in assessing the current Splunk Cloud Infrastructure and ensure that it was configured using Splunk Best Practices.
• Experience in implementing Advanced Threat Analytics using Splunk Enterprise Security
• Experience with a scripting language (Bash, Python)
• Expertise with Linux and Command-line interface
• Experience deploying apps within Splunk or administrating the Splunk platform
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and strong technical learning aptitude required.
• Splunk certifications
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.