Raleigh, North Carolina
May 11, 2021
Application Systems Analyst (651127)
About The Opportunity
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking a short term (approx. 12 months) Application Systems Analyst.
- Duties also include participating in project planning and estimating efforts; consultation and planning for specific modifications and enhancements to production applications/information systems; monitoring technical project activities for adherence to schedules, milestones and deliverables; making recommendations to management on enterprise development practices, standards and tools; providing status and time reporting; adhering to state, departmental and divisional standards and procedures; and performing application/information system assessment and performance monitoring to avoid preventable interruption of production and to provide optimum quality service to the clients.
- This position is expected to work with a diverse set of clients and provide strong overall analysis/programming support for a number of complex applications/information systems. The position may be reassigned to support different applications as necessary to support the department’s critical needs and changing priorities or to uplift older versions and technologies used in the current environment to newer versions and/or state-of-the-art technologies. On call and overtime may be required dependent on client automation needs. 65% * 1. Systems Analysis and Programming:
- a) Conduct reviews with clients that will result in a complete understanding of the requirements and the deliverables.
- b) Prepare requirements documents for review by DIRM team management and clients.
- c) Perform impact analysis of requirements on existing (and potential) systems.
- d) Analyze and design systems, databases and programs using a business and data modeling tool.
- e) Prepare systems, database and program specification documents for review by DIRM team and unit management (and clients, if appropriate).
- f) Prepare unit, system, integration and conversion test plans.
- g) Conduct unit, system, integration and conversion testing and review test results.
- h) Debug programs, software applications and databases.
- i) Develop training materials, user manuals, technical documentation and disaster recovery plans.
- j) Deliver training to end users and other technical support personnel.
- k) Interface with internal and external technical support personnel.
- l) Prepare implementation plans to multiple platforms.
- m) Implement systems/programs, deploying to multiple platforms.
- n) Support production applications/information systems.
- o) Test and execute as necessary disaster recovery plans for supported applications and information systems.
- p) Investigate, research and implement new technologies in specialty or related areas. 10% * 2. Organizing Work:
- a) Assist with project planning efforts
- b) Assist with project administration and control
- c) Report status on assigned efforts and projects on a regular basis 10% * 3. Communications
- a) Communicate with internal and external clients.
- b) Timely communication to team leader and unit management on any potential issues.
- c) Communicate and consult within division and external technical community.
- d) Share knowledge and experience. 10% * 4. Assessing and Monitoring System:
- a) Continuously monitor and assess system performance.
- b) Use available utilities.
- c) Troubleshoot to avoid potential problems.
- d) Provide timely solutions. 5% * 5. Quality Assurance and Control:
- a) Use appropriate and approved methodologies, standards and procedures to ensure that a high quality product is provided to DIRM client agencies.
- b) Prepare for and participate in QA reviews. System design and source code walk-throughs will be conducted when appropriate.
- Education Requirement:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in computer science, information systems management or a related curriculum and five years of progressive experience in programming and applications analysis; or graduation from a four-year college or university with nine semester hours in data processing and five years of progressive experience in programming and applications analysis; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A degree directly related to the technical nature of the application(s) assigned may be substituted for up to six months of the experience requirements. Additional preferred knowledge, skills, abilities, training experience:
- Experience with W3C Compliance and Section 508 standards & compliance; Novell, Active Directory, LDAP; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Adobe Professional; experience with NC DHHS business IT functions; experience with source control tools such as Visual SourceSafe and/or Subversion. Necessary Special Qualifications:
- Good communications skills both oral and written and ability to maintain an effective working relationship with end users and staff. Competencies:
- This position involves technical and analytical work in developing, designing and/or supporting applications for the business, research and/or instructional functions of clients. This employee participates in the development of solutions using programming expertise for day-to-day problems to include maintenance, modification or development of complex inter-related applications/solutions. Solutions may range from consulting services (software or hardware recommendations) to developing integrated automated systems. This employee should be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
This position requires a high degree of business and technical oriented knowledge with significant practical experience in application/information systems development and support activities, such as systems analysis, design, modeling, programming, and operations and maintenance support. The employee should have experience in application development tools and techniques. Regular communication with others in both technical and non-technical areas of the department and external business partners is required; therefore, strong interpersonal and technical skills are necessary. In addition to excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to translate business and technical ideas and issues into clear and concise language, this position requires analytical and organization skills. The employee must have experience in direct client contact and
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.