DMV HQ Rocky Mount, NC (Nash County), North Carolina
May 20, 2021
Specialist- Expert (648847)
About The Opportunity
This request is to help support the high number of telephone requests/incidents required for the statewide DOT efforts.
- ***This position is located in Rocky Mount, NC. Some remote work will be allowed, but the candidate will need to be onsite for a majority of the work.
- ****PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION! It has changed from the last time this was open.
- NCDIT-Transportation is seeking a resource for a 12-month engagement to work with the Client Services Team. Client Services uses technical expertise and understanding of business needs to evaluate assigned IT incident and problem service desk tickets to appropriately prioritize and evaluate business impact. Proactively promotes positive customer relationships and mentors’ others to ensure client satisfaction and organizational success. This position takes ownership of customer problems and works with a sense of urgency to resolve incidents and problems. This position serves as the lead and primary contact providing leadership and assistance for the statewide NC DMV telephony services to the NC DMV HQ and associated field offices. This position will provide support and configuration of the telephone equipment as well as adding, modifying, and deleting users, adding services, installing lines and moving users.
- This position’s primary purpose will be to manage the telephony efforts (moves, adds and changes) of the NCDMV, and to work with our partner agency DIT (Department of Information Technology) as a liaison to help them in the design, installation, testing, maintenance, upgrade, route tickets, and troubleshooting of the telephony systems. This position is responsible for site surveys and design of field telephony infrastructure for NC DMV. This employee will serve as the escalation contact for all NC DMV telephony issues. The secondary purpose will be to assist with computer network field infrastructure as needed.
- This request is to help support the high number of telephone requests/incidents required for the statewide DMV efforts. **STATEWIDE TRAVEL REQUIRED**
- Responsible for technical knowledge and hands on support installing, testing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading telephone infrastructure cabling and equipment for NC DMV. Leading NC DMV telephony incident and problem resolution through the NCDOT Helpdesk (ServiceNow), DMV management or other on-site contacts. Provides call reporting and changing of DMV telephony configurations (move, add, change, delete) such as “user skills” related to the phone system. Will research and consult on communication problems with other IT professionals and update management on status as needed.
- Ability to lead projects that require working with multiple teams and with some latitude on actions or decisions. Leads team efforts and assesses and integrates the skills and strengths of individuals for project and organizational success. Provides status on project work to management.
- This position is responsible for creating and maintaining all documentation of process and procedures for all areas this position is responsible for. This documentation is to be used by team members for operational standards of daily work. This documentation will also be used in accordance with Operational Level Agreements (IT internal) and Service Level Agreements (IT external). All documentation should be reviewed annually. Documentation will also be used by this position to train users in the field on new phones and the features that they have.
It is the responsibility of all staff to be aware of DOT and DIT (PCI, HIPPA, etc…) security policies, as well as the security issues directly affecting the systems and technology for which this position is directly involved. This position is responsible for implementing requirements of the IT Security Office and protecting data from unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or usage in a manner inconsistent with covered IT Security Policies and standards.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.