May 21, 2021
CSS - EPMO Project Manager (653283)
About The Opportunity
We are looking for a new contracting project manager with Program Management experience.
- The purpose of this work request is for a Project Manager to assist in managing individual IT projects at MDOT. These projects may include large application development efforts, smaller utility development, purchase and implementation of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software, infrastructure projects, and maintenance or enhancement projects. This project manager is responsible for ensuring that projects adhere to state of Michigan standard methodologies including the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE), Systems Engineering Methodology (SEM), and Project Management Methodology (PMM). This Project Manager role encompasses:
- Work with Agency project managers to facilitate the development of project scope definitions.
- Maintain project level budgets, set standards for project level budget data reporting, and create reports of projects level budgets. These reports will be produced for the executive level management as well as detailed level reports on an as needed basis.
- Create project level risk and issue management plans. They will coordinate and produce project level resource reports.
- Create and maintain a business plan and return on investment data for projects.
- Create project presentations and progress reports on a monthly basis.
- Provide senior project management for IT projects completed by DTMB on behalf of MDOT, ensuring that the work adheres to state of Michigan standard methodologies.
- Provides recommendations for improvement of project management processes currently in use
- Performs training, mentoring, and knowledge transfer as assigned
- Manages and oversees large, long range, or multiple complex projects
- Assigns work to project team member to meet project or program objectives
- Establishes and monitors program or project priorities, objectives, and procedures, determining area objectives, targets of service, and resource needs allocation.
- Provides leadership and direction to the project team to ensure successful project completion
- Develops and maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work
- Serves as a liaison between DTMB and MDOT customer/users concerning requests, standards, and other program and project matters.
- Coordinates work activities by scheduling staff assignments, setting work priorities, and directing the work of assigned employees, (including contractual) in the development of new information technology systems and enhancements to existing systems.
- Uses state of Michigan standard methodologies such as the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE), Systems Engineering Methodology (SEM), and Project Management Methodology (PMM) in the maintenance, development, enhancement, and deployment of information technology systems
- Maintains awareness of emerging technologies and project management techniques
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.