Des Moines, Iowa
May 24, 2021
SDP5-FACS-IDMS Developer (652466)
About The Opportunity
DHS is looking for a Software Developer/Programmer (SDP5) – Mainframe Developer/Analyst to analyze/develop/test/migrate code for our legacy FACS Mainframe System (COBOL, JCL, ADSO/IDMS).
As knowledge transfer happens and experiences with our FACS system, the position will also help transition and build bridges from the new CCWIS build while helping keep the current legacy system compliant. Candidates without significant IDMS experience should not be presented to this position.
- Demonstrated through prior experience the ability to:
- The role is more of a technical analyst/developer.
- Trace and document data system logic and flows by reading & analyzing JCL, COBOL programs, CICS definitions, ADSO/IDMS programs, and 3rd party utility control cards, IDCAMS, SYNCSORT, and other common mainframe data manipulation processes.
- Extracting and documenting Business Rules embedded in Mainframe programs, third-party utilities, and other data manipulation products. This includes both business and functional aspects of the business rules.
- Understanding, analyzing, and documenting current Mainframe logic and flows and work with the users and business teams to correlate the same with how the systems support the current business, Federal, and State requirements.
- Must complete assigned tasks; communicate accurate and useful status updates; follow quality standards; Ability to work in a team environment; strong communication skills; written and spoken.
- Perform on-call duties for nightly and weekend batch cycles
- Attention to details is a must since the documentation generated would be the basis of system rewrites.
- Very clear, strong, and precise verbal and written communication skills are needed in order to work and coordinate with multiple teams.
- Prior DHS experience would be a plus.
- Work independently with little supervision or guidance.
- Demonstrates a willingness to independently dive in and learn new systems, processes, and business functionality. A minimum of 5 years experience REQUIRED for the following:
- MVS JCL and Procs
- Implement data models as needed using IDMS relational database.
- Use of File Aid for Analysis of Files
- Familiarity with Panavalet or another Source Control repository on the mainframe
- Defining and documenting existing Business Processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. etc.
- Build solutions within the specified project timelines
- Accurately prepare written correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional, and engaging.
- Demonstrated ability of high levels of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability of self-motivation, self-direction, and able to work with little or no supervision.
- Use of Adobe Experience Manager
- Previous experience with scheduling software (Control-M preferred)
- Understanding and experience in building consumable Web Services with Mainframe Technology
- Demonstrate ability documenting and proposing architecture for Mainframe Systems
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.