Raleigh, North Carolina
May 25, 2021
Network/Telecom Specialist- Junior (647273)
About The Opportunity
Jr. Network Analyst needed for Exodus Project-Network Buildout for an initial 12 month engagement.
- ***The candidate will be allowed to work remotely until all staff return to site. At that point the candidate will be required to come onsite.
- ***The candidate must come onsite the first day to collect equipment.
- Determines network requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues
- Responsibility for the integrity of network infrastructure
- Create/maintain/improve network support documentation and processes
- Provides management with network briefings to advise them of critical issues that may affect customer, or enterprise objectives
- Evaluates and recommends security products, services and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and technologies; developing requirements for applications, local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices
- Understand and familiarity with application security and common code review methods and standards
- Planning delivery of solutions; answering basic technical and procedural questions; recommending improved processes; working closely with team members
- Enhances network team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering basic technical and procedural questions
- Work closely with 3-5 team members on 24x7x365 basis
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Plan, research and design robust network architectures for any IT projects Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs
- Ensures the infrastructure is properly monitored within set thresholds and that alerts regarding network outages are addressed in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot and repair network-related problems, system failures, switching/routing, etc
- Provide timely issue resolution by evaluating, tracking, escalating, managing all requests/problems reported
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging network practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Upgrades network systems by monitoring the infrastructure; identifying technology gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements. Knowledge
- Mid level technical experience in solving network issues involving IT environments, understanding and analyzing key issues in the following areas: developing network documentation, knowledge of the regulatory environment, change management procedures, Next generation firewall policy management, strong knowledge of network protocols, and network attack pathologies.
- Knowledge of third party auditing and private/public cloud methodologies. Excellent working knowledge of general network principles, network administration processes and frameworks, metrics collections and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work according to quality processes and standards in IRS 1075 or NIST.
- Strong background in network infrastructure. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management, project management, written and oral communications
- Recommended security certifications such as CISSP,CCNA. Abilities
- Required to be proficient in situational adaptability. Able to take an adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Highly desired to be proficient in the following abilities
- Decision Quality-Able to make good and timely decisions that keep the agency moving forward.
- Collaborates-Able to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Ensures Accountability-Ability to hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Instills Trust-Ability to gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Nimble Learning-Ability to actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.