Raleigh, North Carolina
May 28, 2021
Technical Specialist - Mid-Level - High (652267)
About The Opportunity
Web Technical Specialist and Developer: This position will assist with the SQL Server Migration project by creating the Application Protocol Interface (API) for the electronic pollbook and the applications that facilitate that.
- The State Board of Elections is the statewide agency that administers elections, enforces campaign finance requirements, and conducts associated investigations. The State Board ensures uniform implementation of North Carolina\'s election laws and appoints members serving on local boards of elections in each county. The Board is composed of five individuals appointed by the Governor from lists of nominees submitted by the chairs of the two political parties having the highest number of registered affiliates. Agency staff are civil servants, not political hires, and the agency values its history of bipartisan and independent administration.
- The Senior Software Developer will be part of a team to implement a software solution for the voter and elections software modernization project. The candidate must have excellent written and spoken communication skills to provide technical and complex information to management and stakeholders as well as other IT staff, be able to work within a team and independently, follow guidelines and standards as set forth by agency IT, and ensure technical quality of deliverables. Application Software Development:
- The candidate will participate in the modernization project for voter and elections software. The product will consist of:
- a web application(s) front end written with Angular in mind,
- middleware/backend written in .Net Core,
- Azure SQL Server database backend,
- entity framework or dapper will be used in relation to DB connectivity, and
- hosted in the Azure government cloud. Tasks may include any of the following:
- providing potential design suggestions,
- developing clean solutions,
- executing functional and unit testing, and
- writing test scenarios.
- The candidate must ensure their work is safeguarded, well documented, and ready to deploy, via the software change management tool. The candidate will acquire technical assistance from the group leader in developing the solution and to assure quality of work and adherence to intradepartmental coding standards.
- The candidate will also fulfill responsibilities for ad hoc remediation of field software issues as identified and tracked by the IT bug/incident tracking application. This may include releasing software patches, data cleanup, and/or coordinating with the infrastructure side of IT for hardware/network issues.
- Application Software Research:
- The candidate may be required to (1) perform research by investigating, prototyping and testing, and (2) document new software development technologies that could benefit the team and/or project. Application Software Documentation:
- The candidate will be required to provide documentation, per IT development policy, of developed or modified software. The documentation will be used to complement the existing collection and ensure it is kept up to date.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.