Raleigh, North Carolina
May 28, 2021
Master Patient Index Analyst - Mid Level (652583)
About The Opportunity
15 Week Temporary Assignment
- Primary Purpose of the Position: This position manages the master patient index environment utilized as the foundation for patient care, analytics and reporting activities for the statewide health information exchange (HIE), NC HealthConnex, at the NC Health Information Exchange Authority (NC HIEA). The incumbent is responsible for maintaining patient identity integrity by using his/her analytical and investigational skills and multiple tools and systems to piece together the patient identity story and independently determine, coordinate, and execute action needed to remediate identity discrepancies. S/he provides expertise in a broad set of technologies to evaluate and adjudicate extensive system task lists to ensure accurate patient identities and correct functioning of HIE systems and services. Exactitude is critical, since there is a high patient safety risk associated with transfer of patient health information. As part of a team of analysts, the incumbent works daily tasks, monitors system logs, runs reports and manually handles errors or mismatches, works with NC HIEA staff and the HIE technical subcontractor to solve system issues, and routinely reports out to NC HIEA management on the status of the environment. S/he also assists with analytical support across organization teams. Description of the Work:
- 80% - Plan, prioritize and manage workflow to maintain the accuracy, reliability, and integrity of the NC HealthConnex MPI database through daily working of tasks (estimated at 25-50 per day), monitoring of system logs, and starting or monitoring extract-translate-load (ETL) processes; running of weekly usage reports, queries for outliers of false positives/negatives, and manual handling of false positives and mismatches; running of monthly usage reports, engine tuning, and data quality monitoring and reporting; and other related tasks and responsibilities as assigned. Assist with identification of business needs and operational processes to develop strategies and solutions in line with NC HIEA standards and strategic direction of minimizing duplication of health records. Analyze and identify trends in root causes of data discrepancies and work with NC HIEA and HIE technical subcontractor staff to determine problem/issue resolution and implement process improvement practices. Ensure compliance with established organization policies and procedures.
- 20% - Provide analytical, reporting, and other support across cross-functional teams. Participate with internal developmental groups to ensure smooth and coordinated implementation of new HIE services as well as enhancements to existing services.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Recommended in this Position:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience managing a master patient index or similarly large/complex data system.
- Experience creating new system processes and implementing process improvement.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and health care regulatory compliance as they relate to Electronic Health Record (EHR)/Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems and Health Information Exchange (HIE).
- Advanced skills using word processing, spreadsheet, database and other standard business applications. Experience with Microsoft Office Tools, including Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to plan, organize and execute duties independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional teams and all levels of an organization, including IT executives, business managers and other technical and clinical staff.
Management Preferences: Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management, Health Care Administration, Human Services Administration and/or related field, with 3-5 years’ experience in health care or other applicable experience managing complex technologies or large data systems.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 103
Hi! My name is Vomsi Kumar. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.