Dauphin County, Pennsylvania
February 1, 2019
About The Opportunity
The primary role of the candidate to work as a Senior Architect .NET MVC on the Pennsylvania granting system (aka dotGrants) and its projects.
- The primary role of the candidate to work as a Senior Architect .NET MVC on the Pennsylvania granting system (aka dotGrants) and its projects.
- The candidate will be a member of a dynamic team responsible for doing .NET development and will be involved in all the phases of the SDLC. The primary role of the candidate will be to analysis the Pennsylvania granting system (aka dotGrants) which is a large highly complex hybrid application with core COTS code and custom-built .NET modules utilizing a SQL Server database backend.
- The dotGrants Modernization Project is an ongoing effort with two phases and currently in its phase 1 and 3rd release. The phases will upgrade the dotGrants key technologies, infrastructure and applications that make up the dotGrants. The dotGrants project phases will replace the existing COTS solution eventually. The candidate will work on the following tasks:
- Provide project scope and ballpark estimate for the modernization future releases.
- Examine and prioritize the scope and estimates based on business value, cost, data quality/accessibility, risk, etc.
- Group the scope and features into a series of IT projects.
- Present the IT projects in a Gantt or similar illustration with durations, dependencies, concurrency, etc.
- Provide resource planning, cost and budget information for delivering the projects by fiscal year.
- Break down large system requirements into manageable parts (Iterative/Sprint following DevOps).
- Responsible for scoping and planning stories/tasks and assign to the technical resources.
- Responsible for providing guidance to the team members as needed to carry out tasks and to monitor for timely completion.
- Develop and carry out testing procedures to make sure everything works properly.
- Ensure that systems meet quality and security standards.
- Keep accurate records of steps and decisions taken.
- Keep application/project manager(s) regularly informed of progress.
- Advise supervisors about how to plan their future IT needs.
- If required, research ‘off-the-shelf’ products to see whether they would be more suitable than building a new system.
- ASP.NET web development experience, VB.Net and/or C# with MVC Razor. Required 5 Years
- System/technical architecture experience. Required 3 Years
- Database modeling/development experience; experience with SQL Server. Required 3 Years
- HTML5/CSS3 and Bootstrap framework. Required 2 Years
- DevOps and familiarity with the Agile/iterative/waterfall development. Required 1 Years
- Experience with any modernization project. Required
- Prior experience with Accounting systems. Required
- Familiarity with workflow solutions. Required
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Required
- Experience with Load testing and code/host scanning. Required
- \'Real\' hands-on working experience. This excludes \'experience\' earned academically and/or internship. Required 10 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 110
Hi! My name is Mark! As a job matchmaker, I believe that every consultant I work with is unique and try to understand what they are looking for in a new profile. Not only this, but I also try to understand their work background and history to suggest the best opening for them. I build a relationship with all my consultants by keeping them in the loop about any updates during the entire recruitment process.