February 1, 2019
Business Analyst 4
About The Opportunity
Senior Business Analyst/Consultant: Review, analyze, and evaluate Michigan Department of Transportation business systems and user needs. Experience with analyzing existing IT applications/systems and modernizing them.
- The Senior Business Analyst/Consultant serves as the communication bridge between non-technical business users and technical solution developers. The Senior Business Analyst/Consultant has a depth of knowledge in business analysis processes including knowledge of facilitation, methodology, tools, and techniques. The Senior Business Analyst/Consultant is responsible for analyzing the raw data gathered by the project team, then applying the appropriate tools and techniques to create meaningful results. This individual is an active participant in aspects of department assessment, visioning, and reengineering, they rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, they independently perform a variety of complicated tasks, such as identifying and documenting business requirements, they may lead and direct the work of others, and they may report directly to a project lead or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. Experienced with business process reengineering and identifying new applications of technology to business problems to make business more effective. Familiar with industry standard (including Legacy, Core, and Emerging technologies), business process mapping, and reengineering. Prepares solution options, risk identification, and financial analyses such as cost/benefit, ROI, buy/build, etc. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Prepare and document Functional and Technical Specifications for reporting and data warehouse work. Assist with business warehouse/intelligence support and enhancements. Develops RFPs. Assist in deployment and management of end-user reporting tools and platforms. Work with IT and business project teams to understand reporting and data warehousing requirements and propose solutions. Document and provide knowledge transfer to the rest of the Enterprise Reporting Team for all solutions.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a project manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and 10 or more years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Documented experience in facilitating requirements gathering sessions for systems implementations
- Documented experience in requirements gathering sessions and writing EPICS and User Stories for systems implementations
- Documented experience in creating various project artifacts, such as product and sprint backlogs (user stories), requirements specifications and traceability, and functional and technical specifications
- Documented experience in the development of Functional design documents.
- Experience in Agile and Iterative development
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools, such as TFS or similar
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in verbal and written communication with clients and technical staff in English.
- Overall Experience in Business Analyst Role in the Information Technology field. Required 10 Years
- Facilitating requirements gathering and joint application development sessions w/ business clients. Required 10 Years
- Creating both functional and technical requirements documentation including EPICS, Features, and User Stories. Required 5 Years
- Leading artifact and system design reviews with peers and system specialists Required 5 Years
- Experience with Agile principles, such as Scrum methodology (creating product and sprint backlogs, user stories) Required 5 Years
- Quality Assurance/Analyst experience Nice to have Years
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Information Technology Required
- Experience working as liaison between business and technical staff. Required 10 Years
- Experience documenting business process flow documents such as As-is and To-Be work flows. Required 10 Years
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Highly desired 10 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 110
Hi! My name is Mark! As a job matchmaker, I believe that every consultant I work with is unique and try to understand what they are looking for in a new profile. Not only this, but I also try to understand their work background and history to suggest the best opening for them. I build a relationship with all my consultants by keeping them in the loop about any updates during the entire recruitment process.