Raleigh, North Carolina
February 1, 2019
Project Manager- DPI Student Anonymous Safety Tip Application
About The Opportunity
The Department of Public Instruction (DPI) requires a highly skilled project manager to assist with scheduling, budgeting, and managing deployment of a student anonymous safety tip application to schools statewide.
- The Senior Project Manager will work closely with the NC Center for Safer Schools and will be responsible and accountable for the overall success (on time, on budget, on scope) of the procurement of a statewide student anonymous safety tip application through full implementation of the solution to satisfy obligations outlined in G.S. 115C-105.51.
- The student anonymous safety tip application is legislatively mandated to be available to all schools serving grades six or higher in local school administrative units, charter schools, regional schools and schools operated by DPI. An anonymous reporting tool has the potential to prevent violent actions and intervene before tragedies occur on school campuses. This tool will give an anonymous voice to those who submit tips, and an assurance that their voices will be heard.
- Responsibility for the successful completion of end to end project work, including all work products
- Oversight of projects comprised of multiple deliverables, including delegation and coordination of tasks
- Responsibility for creation and management of the integrated project plan, execution of the project plan, project status, meetings, scope changes, risk and issue tracking/mitigation, coordination across project teams, etc.
- Negotiations internal and external to the project teams
- Managing scope, resources, timelines, costs/budget, quality, communication, and procurements to meet the goals of the State
- Development and execution of training and education on standard project management requirements and methods, facilitating project governance and reporting, and creating models to improve business decisions
- Efforts typically include extensive changes to existing functionality or the implementation of new applications and/or technology
- Hands-on experience performing in an IT program/project management role for large scale IT programs/projects Required 5 Years
- Experience preparing procurement/RFP documents, functional and non-functional IT application requirements, and managing third party vendors Required 5 Years
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, management, and project team members Required 5 Years
- Experience with counseling and advising senior level management and leadership regarding issues and risks, process reengineering and technology issues Required 5 Years
- Ability to translate and communicate technical concepts, information, plans, and procedures to both technical and non-IT business personnel Required 5 Years
- Excellent written and oral communications; possess conflict resolution and negotiation skills Required 5 Years
- Knowledge of IT Project Management processes, procedures, documentation, and reporting criteria per PMI/PMBOK methodologies Required 5 Years
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint and Excel Required 5 Years
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed work planning, risk assessments, and associated risk mitigation actions Required 5 Years
- Agile project management experience with a focus on application development Highly desired 1 Years
- PMP certification desired. Highly desired 1 Years
- State government experience preferred; experience with the state\'s project portfolio management processes and tool (Touchdown) desired Highly desired 1 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.