Des Moines, Iowa
February 4, 2019
About The Opportunity
The DoIT Project Coordinator (PC) is responsible for a variety of department tasks associated with the managing and tracking of business and IT initiatives and administration of the Project Online system.
- The Division of Information Technology (DOIT) provides adaptable, secure, and cost-effective technology services and solutions across the Divisions, Partners and Citizens. We manage all IT assets, projects and resources, and we deliver technology and expertise to support Citizens of Iowa and their family’s every day. This includes consistently delivering top tier performance and value to citizens as a trusted partner and services provider.
- DoIT is committed to the pursuit of creative and innovative solutions that enable our Agency to help Iowans achieve healthy, safe, stable and self-sufficient lives through the programs and services we provide. We strive for an IT culture that identifies the newest, most effective solutions through discovery, open discussion, and collaboration. We have fun together, care about each other and take pride in the solutions we provide. We believe in continuously optimizing our processes, refining our solutions and improving ourselves to the benefit of the Iowans we serve. If you are passionate about applying your creative and innovative architecture strategies and approaches across the enterprise, then this is the role for you!
- The department is seeking a DoIT Project Coordinator to assist the department Bureau Chief in the administration of Information Technology project initiatives across the organization.
- The project coordinator will be responsible for adhering to project management governance process and acting as the liaison to the organization when questions occur regarding the governance process. The PC will lead the administration of the Microsoft Project Online SaaS platform, handling intake and organization from across the department, insuring project documentation is kept up to date by working closely with state and contract project managers. The role requires someone with excellent time management skills, the ability to understand and work with State Fiscal Accounting personnel, business unit sponsors/owners, and project team members (Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, Quality Assurance Testers, Enterprise Architects, etc.).
- The PC will be the main point of contact for project initiation intake into the Project Online system. This process will include insuring information is gathered and entered accurately and promptly by coordinating with agency resources. Understanding time tracking, assignments, process and procedure is a must.
- The PM will be part of a PMO team responsible for all aspects of IT project governance, assessment, management, and control. Essential is the ability to multi-task on continually changing and morphing priorities as prescribed by leadership in response to the department and legislative direction.
- Ability to work within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting)
- Ability to interact with, educate, learn from, and work with business and IT teams.
- Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with general supervision
- Ability to motivate the team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to break down complex tasks into actionable work items sequenced appropriately
- Experience with Microsoft Project and/or Project Online (prefer experience directly with Project Online) Required 3 Years
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet aggressive timelines Required 5 Years
- Strong experience with Microsoft SharePoint configuration and SharePoint Designer Required 5 Years
- Experience working within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting) Required 5 Years
- Extensive experience with planning, managing and tracking multiple major impact projects. Required 5 Years
- Strong process development skills, w/ the ability to learn and understand concepts in order to interpret, document and formalize procedures Required 5 Years
- Excellent project management skills, w/ the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment Required 5 Years
- Demonstrated experience working directly with business users Required 5 Years
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and project activities simultaneously while meeting established deadlines Required 5 Years
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server/Visual Studio Team Services Desired 3 Years
- State / Federal Government Appropriations Experience Desired 3 Years
- Working experience with Agile Projects Desired 3 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.