Des Moines, Iowa
February 5, 2019
PM6-IT Project Controller
About The Opportunity
The DoIT Project Controller is responsible for a variety of department and project tasks associated with the managing and tracking of IT budget and expenditures.
- The Division of Information Technology (DOIT) provides adaptable, secure, and cost-effective technology services and solutions across the Divisions, Partners and Citizens. We manage all of IT assets, projects and resources, and we deliver technology and expertise to support Citizens of Iowa and their family’s every day. This includes consistently delivering top tier performance and value to citizens as a trusted partner and services provider.
- DoIT is committed to the pursuit of creative and innovative solutions that enable our Agency to help Iowans achieve healthy, safe, stable and self-sufficient lives through the programs and services we provide. We strive for an IT culture that identifies the newest, most effective solutions through discovery, open discussion and collaboration. We have fun together, care about each other and take pride in the solutions we provide. We believe in continuously optimizing our processes, refining our solutions and improving ourselves to the benefit of the Iowans we serve. If you are passionate about applying your creative and innovative architecture strategies and approaches across the enterprise then this is the role for you!
- The department is seeking a DoIT Project Controller to manage and establishes budget, business plan, and financial policies for DoIT functions and initiatives. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
- The DoIT Project Controller works closely with project managers, helping create tools to perform financial and project processes, as well as analyzing projects\' costs, risks, planning, and accuracy. The DoIT Project Controller is responsible for collaborating with the project manager to update and develop projects as well; they are involved throughout the development and update processes, from planning to creating budgets and value adding processes to developing reports that track project process and analyze effectiveness. IT project controllers also plan meetings and documentation for presentations, as well as help create project scheduling to ensure it is aligned with budget restrictions.
- From a Department of IT level, the Project Controller works closely with Fiscal Operations to understand and communication throughout DoIT budget appropriations including but not limited to:
- State and Federal Funding Sources
- Understanding where budget dollars are allocated and for what purpose the funds can be used
- Detailing, understanding and communicating which budget dollars can be carried forward and where dollars must be used in a particular timeframe of allocation
- Tracking and balancing State vs. Federal dollars, including overlapping SFY and FFY
- Become resident expert on Federal Funding Sources, communicating and advocating for full use of Federal Matching Funds wherever possible.
- Reconciling with Fiscal Operations DoIT spending and budget allocations
- Integral in development of annual budgets POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Communicates budget and spend status to management, and propose changes in scope, priority, timeline, or plans if necessary.
- Develop plans and schedules for carrying out the department financial expenditures
- Manage DoIT budgets in coordination with Fiscal Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Masters Preferred) Required 10 Years
- Information Technology experience as a Project Manager, Developer or Administrator Required 10 Years
- Project Management Experience Required 10 Years
- Project Financial Tracking Experience Required 10 Years
- Experience working within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting) Required 8 Years
- Extensive experience with planning, managing and tracking multiple major impact projects. Required 8 Years
- Strong process development skills, w/ the ability to learn and understand concepts in order to interpret, document and formalize procedures Required 8 Years
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage multi-million dollar Information Technology department budget Required 8 Years
- Excellent project management skills, w/ the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment Required 8 Years
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously while meeting established deadlines Required 8 Years
- State / Federal Government Appropriations Experience Required 8 Years
- Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations and implementing change management initiatives Required 8 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 102
Hi! My name is Shaun. I feel that our shortlisted candidates are the most valuable asset when it comes to recruitment. I make sure that I keep in mind the best interest of the candidate and find him/her a suitable job opening matching his/her profile. Not only this I actively work with each of my candidates and keep them updated about the whole application process.