Raleigh, North Carolina
February 7, 2019
Technical Architect- Mid Level
About The Opportunity
The North Carolina Transportation is looking for Mobile GIS support and related technical expertise to support the Mobile GIS Coordinator.
- The North Carolina Transportation is looking for Mobile GIS support and related technical expertise to support the Mobile GIS Coordinator. Experience Requirements
- Two or more Years Functional Responsibilities
- The Mobile GIS Analyst is responsible for completing assigned tasks under the supervision of the Mobile GIS Coordinator. The Mobile GIS Analyst, under general supervision, assists in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, software, GIS, RS, GPS, and data integration solutions to administrative, scientific, and technical problems through the use of computer technology. The Mobile GIS Analyst is considered to possess mid-level GIS and analytical skills that are beyond those of the Technician level.
- Use various GIS software (primarily Esri ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online), as well as various geographic data formats and standard data conversion and transformation methods, for geographic analysis. Open source GIS experience a plus as Open Source will be investigated for use in different projects etc.
- Create maps, reports, documentation, and presentations in support of various Mobile GIS and technology efforts.
- ArcGIS Online development, web maps, story maps, ability to utilize AGOL to disseminate Mobile GIS collections.
- Participates as needed in meetings to fully understand expected project outcomes and provide feedback and suggestions.
- Creates documentation/technical writing at the direction and collaboratively with the Mobile GIS coordinator.
- Works cooperatively with other NCDIT employees and Managers to complete assigned work.
- Proactively seeks input and clarification from other NCDIT employees assigned to given projects to minimize time spent in performing the essential duties of the position.
- Many efforts are short in length and require immediate support for field personnel.
- Esri Mobile COTS Tools (Collector for ArcGIS, Survey123, Workforce, Navigator, etc.) Required 3 Years
- Open Source GIS Required 3 Years
- ArcGIS Desktop/Pro Required 4 Years
- ArcGIS Online Required 4 Years
- Excellent communication skills Required 4 Years
- Drone experience (Collecting data, Processing/formatting data, Importing data from drone to NCDIT, Serving data) Nice to have 4 Years
- ArcGIS Enterprise (Sites, Server) Nice to have 4 Years
Portal for ArcGIS Highly desired 3 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.