Des Moines, Iowa
February 7, 2019
ET2-Senior Data Architect
About The Opportunity
The Division of Information Technology is developing a new Bureau of Enterprise Architect and IT Strategies.is in search of an Senior Data Architect.
- The Division of Information Technology is looking for a highly motivated and skilled IT Professional to make a strategic impact in the department’s development of enterprise Data Architecture on our Enterprise Architecture team! In this role you would apply strategic thinking to create, influence and communicate technical plans, strategies, and data globally and across.
- The Division of Information Technology (DOIT) provides adaptable, secure, and cost-effective technology services and solutions across the Divisions, Partners and Citizens. We manage all of IT assets, projects and resources, and we deliver technology and expertise to support Citizens of Iowa and their family’s every day. This includes consistently delivering top tier performance and value to citizens as a trusted partner and services provider.
- DoIT is committed to the pursuit of creative and innovative solutions that enable our Agency to help Iowans achieve healthy, safe, stable and self-sufficient lives through the programs and services we provide. We strive for an IT culture that identifies the newest, most effective solutions through discovery, open discussion and collaboration. We have fun together, care about each other and take pride in the solutions we provide. We believe in continuously optimizing our processes, refining our solutions and improving ourselves to the benefit of the Iowans we serve. If you are passionate about applying your creative and innovative architecture strategies and approaches across the enterprise, then this is the role for you!
- This position will be working full-time on a large Enterprise Information Architecture program that requires an advanced Data Architect and business intelligence skillset while also interacting with the department’s database support team. The program involves developing an information architecture platform that may consist of, but is not limited to, the following features.
- A comprehensive data governance program – including policies, standards, and data governance software
- An advanced data analytics platform for business intelligence and predictive analytics – including a data lake, data warehouse
- Conceptual, logical and physical data models for each data domain
- Metadata Management, master data management and reference data management
- Extensive experience in data governance, business intelligence and data integration techniques is required. In this position, you will be the subject matter expert (SME) for the information architecture platform. You will be required to participate in the formation of the strategic vision for the data platform, while also being able to work with multiple software vendors to implement the strategic vision. This position will be responsible for authoring data governance requirements for the selection and acquisition of a data governance software product. This position will also be responsible for ensuring that all data-related software components adhere to data governance policies and standards. In addition, this position will be working with a Systems Integrator to develop data integration patterns for integrating data from multiple software components that were developed using heterogeneous technologies. The candidate must have an extensive understanding of data analysis techniques, including predictive analytics and business intelligence.
- The candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple tasks simultaneously. The project is currently using the SAFE AGILE methodology, so agile experience is a requirement.
- Act as a subject matter expert for information architecture, including the concepts on master data management, reference data management, and metadata management
- Lead the team in creating a data governance program, including the documenting of data governance requirements for the purchase of data governance software
- Analyze data stored in a disparate set of systems to produce data requirements and provide architectural and decision support direction
- Use industry standards and/or best practices to develop data integration patterns that will work with heterogeneous technologies
- Lead the project team through the process of identifying inconsistencies in data structures (e.g. duplicate data fields) and resolving accordingly
- Provide a consultative approach with business users, asking questions to understand the business needs for business intelligence and other data analysis techniques
- Be accountable for integrity and quality of data, ensuring the information meets customer needs
- Understand how the data interacts with the application code
- Ability to prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to read, understand and create design documents
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Extensive background in data governance policies and standards Required 10 Years
- Experience with data dictionaries, data catalogs and/or other metadata management solutions Required 10 Years
- Experience designing/architecting business intelligence/reporting platforms Required 10 Years
- Experience integrating data from multiple systems built using heterogeneous technologies Required 10 Years
- Experience with ETL and other data movement techniques Required 10 Years
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities Required 10 Years
- Strong written, technical documentation and oral communication skills Required 10 Years
- Experience with iterative and/or Agile Scrum development methodologies Required 5 Years
- Understanding of data warehouse design and dimensional modeling Required 10 Years
- Experience working with Services Oriented Architecture-based systems Desired 5 Years
- Experience with ETL techniques Desired 5 Years
- Experience working with Microsoft Power BI for business analytic/business intelligence Desired 5 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 102
Hi! My name is Shaun. I feel that our shortlisted candidates are the most valuable asset when it comes to recruitment. I make sure that I keep in mind the best interest of the candidate and find him/her a suitable job opening matching his/her profile. Not only this I actively work with each of my candidates and keep them updated about the whole application process.