Des Moines, Iowa
February 8, 2019
About The Opportunity
Iowa is looking for a Software Developer/Programmer 5 (SDP5) – Mainframe Developer/Programmer/Analyst to analyze current Mainframe systems (COBOL/CICS, JCL, VSAM, ADSO/IDMS) and document system logic.
- The individual will Work with the business team to understand the business need and how the current code correlates to the same, document the system and ‘to-be’ status of what would be needed for the system to be rewritten in a client server distributed environment.
- Primarily has two environments: Legacy Cobol/CICS/IDMS/VSAM systems and client server/Web .NET systems. Most systems are centralized but there are distributed systems as well that are used in field offices and DHS owned and operated facilities. Many systems are home grown while some systems use third-party applications. Demonstrated through prior experience the ability to
- The role is more of a senior technical analyst.
- Trace and document data system logic and flows by reading & analyzing JCL, COBOL programs, CICS definitions, ADSO/IDMS programs and 3rd party utility control cards, SPSS-Mainframe, IDCAMS, SYNCSORT and other common mainframe data manipulation processes.
- Extracting and documenting Business Rules embedded in Mainframe programs, third party utilities, and other data manipulation products. This includes both business and functional aspects of the business rules.
- Understanding, analyzing and documenting current Mainframe logic and flows and work with the users and business teams to correlate the same with how the systems support the current business, Federal and State requirements.
- Create detailed documentation of system analysis that would become the basis for a system rewrite into client server .Net environment.
- Must complete assigned task; communicate accurate and useful status updates; follow quality standards; Ability to work in a team environment; strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
- Attention to details is a must since the documentation generated would be the basis of system rewrites.
- Very clear, strong and precise Verbal and written communication skills are needed in order to work and coordinate with multiple teams.
- Prior Medicaid/Medicare Buy-in/Integrated eligibility experience would be a plus.
- Work independently with little supervision or guidance
- Trace and document data flows by reading & analyzing JCL Required 10 Years
- Trace and document data flows by reading & analyzing COBOL Required 10 Years
- Trace and document data flows by reading and analyzing CICS definitions Required 10 Years
- Extracting and documenting Business Rules embedded in third party utilities, and other data manipulation products; in both business and functional Required 10 Years
- Create a document describing the data transformation for every data element over a specific period of time (daily, weekly, monthly). Required 10 Years
- Defining and documenting existing Business Processes Required 10 Years
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. etc. Required 10 Years
- Perform Mainframe programming with COBOL, VSAM, Panvalet, MVS JCL and PROCs. Required 10 Years
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use third party tools and system utilities. Required 10 Years
- Build solutions that cross multiple compute platforms (Mainframe CICS/Batch jobs and MS Windows servers) using batch processing techniques. Required 10 Years
- Implement data models as needed using VSAM datasets. Required 10 Years
- Build solutions within the specified project timelines Required 10 Years
- Accurately prepare written correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging. Required 10 Years
- Demonstrated ability of high levels of interpersonal and communication skills. Required 10 Years
- Demonstrated ability of self-motivation, self-direction, and able to work with little or no supervision. Required 10 Years
- IDMS development skills a plus Highly desired 10 Years
- Previous experience with scheduling software Highly desired 10 Years
- Understanding and experience in building consumable Web Services with Mainframe Technology Highly desired 10 Years
- Demonstrate ability documenting and proposing architecture for Mainframe Systems Highly desired 5 Years
3 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 110
Hi! My name is Mark! As a job matchmaker, I believe that every consultant I work with is unique and try to understand what they are looking for in a new profile. Not only this, but I also try to understand their work background and history to suggest the best opening for them. I build a relationship with all my consultants by keeping them in the loop about any updates during the entire recruitment process.