Dover , Delaware
February 8, 2019
Network Administrator 1
About The Opportunity
The Network Administrator (NSA) installs, configures, and supports an organization\'s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet system or a segment of a network system.
- Mange the creation and deletion of User, Group, and Computer accounts in active directory for the state enterprise environment.
- Manage the mapping of user home directories, and shares for the state enterprise environment through Desktop Authority and Group Policy Management.
- Manage the creation and Deletion of File Shares, Home Directories and permissions of these directories and file shares for the state enterprise environment.
- Manage the creation and deletion of users email accounts in Microsoft exchange for the state enterprise environment.
- Manage the creation and deletion of I.P. reservations/fixed addresses in Infoblox and on Microsoft DHCP servers.
- Handle Daily Technical Support activities for desktop support, data network and server management.
- Setup and Image computers and other user end point devices.
- Provide vendors, end users, and peers exceptional customer service.
- Investigate and Diagnosis network communication issues with Firewall/Proxy and end point devices using Wireshark, Splunk, and Microsoft toolset.
- Investigate and work with security operation center to resolve antivirus/malware notifications from Crowdstrike Falcon Sensor and other detection solutions.
- Provide warranty report tracking for yearly fiscal forecast purchasing to Agency Partners.
- Knowledge of reading and using Powershell/Ansible to assist automating repeatable task in day to day operations.
- Communicate with Agency partners and provide guidance for policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Work projects with other teams and agency partners to reach deadlines and goals.
- Define Desktop Technology processes and document for knowledgebase articles in Service Now.
- Able to manage multiple tickets and provide detailed updates and solutions in Service Now.
- Travel may be throughout the State of DE using private vehicle
- After hours support may be required on a as needed basis
- State and Federal Background check required for this position (expense of contractor/vendor)
- Please do not submit candidates that have not supported deskside environments - \'phone-only support\' is not qualified experience for this role.
- Experience troubleshoot following OS: IOS, Android, Windows 7, Windows 10, Server OS, MacOS Required 3 Years
- Administration of DHCP servers or Infoblox Servers Required 1 Years
- Level I and II desktop/laptop break/fix experience Required 2 Years
- Desktop/laptop OS imaging and deployment experience Required 1 Years
- Experience with tools to remotely manage the desktop environment Required 1 Years
- Strong knowlege of Microsoft Office products Required 2 Years
- A+/Network + and or Dell Certification Nice to have 1 Years
- Knowledge of Group Policy Management or Desktop Authority. Desired 1 Years
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) Highly desired 4 Years
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously Highly desired 4 Years
- Good working knowledge of overall desktop/laptop and hardware/software management in a corporate environment Highly desired 4 Years
- Knowledge of Reading and Writing Powershell Scripts Highly desired 2 Years
5 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 102
Hi! My name is Shaun. I feel that our shortlisted candidates are the most valuable asset when it comes to recruitment. I make sure that I keep in mind the best interest of the candidate and find him/her a suitable job opening matching his/her profile. Not only this I actively work with each of my candidates and keep them updated about the whole application process.