February 8, 2019
Sr. Project Manager
About The Opportunity
Experienced Senior Project Manager for managing multiple complex IT Security projects/programs with strong communication skills. Follows project management industry practices such as the PMI\'s framework. Works closely with project teams and sponsors. Years of Experience Minimum 7 years of experience as a Project Manager.
- This position is for a senior experienced project manager to lead multiple Information Technology (IT) programs/projects supporting DTMB - Chief Security Officer (CSO) organization. Projects/programs are primarily complex enterprise initiatives related to IT Security, Data Center, and Infrastructure as prioritized by State. Project manager’s role and responsibility includes, but is not limited to
- Provide project management for project activities to ensure that the project is completed on time, within budget and within scope.
- Define project scope, duration, resources and cost, as well as the best course of action/approach to attain the project objectives.
- Provide project management for project scheduling, tracking, issue management, risk management, change management, and status reporting.
- Follow the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE) Project Management Methodology (PMM) and System Engineering Methodology (SEM), based on Industry standard PMI framework and SEI’s CMMI framework.
- Utilize the State’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool (Changepoint) on all projects.
- Plans and coordinates work with teams. Designs and implements project plans. Generally work with other IT managers and IT technical teams. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Acts as a program manager for large complex enterprise IT Security initiatives.
- Acts as a partner to other project managers performing Project Management Quality Assurance for their projects.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A significant degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
- Self-directed and independent. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency.
- Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.
- Information Technology Background Required 10 Years
- Project Management experience managing enterprise IT Security projects and Enterprise IT Infrastructure projects Required 7 Years
- PMI PMP Certification Required 7 Years
- Strong skills in project scheduling utilizing a project scheduling and portfolio management tool such as MS Project, Changepoint etc. Required 7 Years
- Strong leadership and communication skills Required 10 Years
- Last 5 years’ experience should have been as a hands on IT Project Manager Required 5 Years
- ITIL Certification and/or knowledge Required 5 Years
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Or Equivalent Required 1 Years
- Knowledge of IT Security Standards like NIST, COBIT Desired 3 Years
- Agile experience Desired 2 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 108
Hi! My name is Harmanpreet Singh. I love to work with people and help them find their dream job. I work with my consultants to understand their niche area of work and look for the best match for them. I feel that keeping in mind the priorities of my consultants help me to serve them better. Additionally, I always keep them posted about new relevant jobs which help me to build a connection with them not only professionally but at a personal level as well.