February 13, 2019
Applications Engineer II
About The Opportunity
- **** Must work in Denver and be available for an in person interview
- The Division of Banking in the Department of Regulatory Agencies is partnering with the Governor’s to modernize the primary system utilized by the division, the Banking Information Database System (BIDS).
- Is responsible for the regulation of state chartered commercial banks, trust companies, and state licensed money transmitters;
- holds charter and license application hearings and issues rules and regulations affecting regulated institutions;
- staff conducts examinations of state chartered institutions and licensees;
- works closely with the Federal Reserve Bank and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in the regulation of commercial banks and certain federally insured trust companies; and, is responsible for the enforcement of the Public Deposit Protection Act to protect public entity deposits held by state and national banks. Project
- The BIDS system manages details regarding banks, trust companies and money transmitters. The system was developed over the course of many years and consists of an Oracle database with a PowerBuilder client application. Staff within the division install the client application which connects to the central database. A web interface exists to provide the public with the ability to conduct a basic search to find additional details about a financial institution. Supports the various elements of the application with development staff and database administrators. In an effort to provide enhanced service to staff within the division as well as external entities, this project will modernize the BIDS solution to provide a browser based solution. The current database architecture and model has functionality that will continue to be utilized going forward with the possibility of some additional functionality if necessary. The browser based portion of the application will replicate existing functionality and provide additional functionality to the regulated entities, such as the ability to update contact information, which currently does not exist on a public facing site. The mid-level developers chosen for this contract will
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support Banking’s application system using existing frameworks and support tools. All work will be conducted under the guidance of the project’s lead developer and in coordination with our senior Java developer.
- We require a bachelor\'s degree in area of specialty and at least three (3) years experience in the field or in a related area. Candidate must be familiar with a variety of the field\'s concepts, practices, and procedures. This position relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- The candidate must also be able to communicate clearly in English with both technical staff and business subject matter experts. Communication may be oral or in writing.
- We require at least three years of experience with Java; some experience with Oracle PL/SQL would be helpful but not required. The developer must be familiar with NetBeans, Junit, Jenkins, and the use of Git repositories. The ideal candidate will also have experience with the Wildfly application server.
- Work will be conducted on site at 1560 Broadway, Denver, Colorado. This is the main site for DORA-Banking and the development team. We expect that there will be minimal opportunities to work from home.
- AJAX Proficient 1-2 yrs
- CSS Proficient 1-2 yrs
- HTML Proficient 1-2 yrs
- J2EE Proficient 2-3 yrs
- Java Proficient 2-3 yrs
- Java Service Face (JSF) Proficient 1-2 yrs
- JUnit Proficient 1-2 yrs
- Oracle 12c Proficient 1-2 yrs
- PL/SQL Proficient 1-2 yrs
- Wildfly App Server Experienced using the Wildfly application server. Novice 6 mths - 1 yr
3 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 108
Hi! My name is Harmanpreet Singh. I love to work with people and help them find their dream job. I work with my consultants to understand their niche area of work and look for the best match for them. I feel that keeping in mind the priorities of my consultants help me to serve them better. Additionally, I always keep them posted about new relevant jobs which help me to build a connection with them not only professionally but at a personal level as well.